mtbr member
    Jan 2008

"Max" travel on SX Trail

I'm considering buying as used SX Trail 3 (2007mod) with a Marz 66 SL2ATA fork.
    The bike i mostly gonna be used where a lift takes me to the top.... so I'm thinking of putting on a fork with more travel, but not mess up the geometri.
    I would like to have 200mm dobbel crown fork on it.

Anyone who has experience with this?

mtbr member
    Just get a demo.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    That'a an option, but I can get a SX for a very good price.
    Also, If Im buying a more DH specific bike, I want one with a doble crown fork.

mtbr member
    The only reason I'de say get a demo is because I have 2 seasons on my sx trail w/ fox 36 vanilla. As it is a real do everything bike, it is not a full time dh bike. We have built gaps, jumps, drops, and fast trails. But this is not to be compared to bombing a mt. full of rocks, root, and rough terrian. The sxt's home is in a bikepark, and will suit most any other terrain to a point. The Demo 7 or 8 would be my weapon of choice if I were riding lift access mt.'s. It would be worth the extra dough to me. Esspecially with a double crown fork. BTW I think mounting a doulbe crown fork or any fork over 170mm will void the warranty on a sx trail. Which is specialized saying "I wouldn't do that if I were you"