Go SOLAR...

Lower rear shock bolt for 2008 Stumpy

I sheared mine off....anyone have a spare or have a online location to get one?
    M8 x 33.5mm 4mm Allen Hex
    Go Solar...

Go SOLAR...
    I figured this would be an easy one....3 weeks to get one in from dealer. There has to be something quicker
    Last edited by larlev; 01-05-2011 at 09:47 AM.
    Go Solar...

namagomi
    Not to mention it's crazy expensive, $150 or something because you have to order the whole bolt package like $20 a bolt... at least last i heard

Anyways, if you know the hardness rating of the bolt and can spec the right head/length/diameter, just get one from a specialty store. Try ebay?

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Lowes is where I got one.

Go SOLAR...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cldhanso
    Lowes is where I got one.
    Seriously? They had something similiar or did you just use a standard bolt?
    Go Solar...

Go SOLAR...
    Quote Originally Posted by electrik
    Not to mention it's crazy expensive, $150 or something because you have to order the whole bolt package like $20 a bolt... at least last i heard

Anyways, if you know the hardness rating of the bolt and can spec the right head/length/diameter, just get one from a specialty store. Try ebay?
    Man, I swear, I searched for hours. Found things close, but since I dont know for sure the thread length or pitch, It's hit or miss
    Go Solar...

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Lowes had it. I think I even got grade 8.

namagomi
    Quote Originally Posted by larlev
    Man, I swear, I searched for hours. Found things close, but since I dont know for sure the thread length or pitch, It's hit or miss
    All you want is a bolt long enough to pass through the bushing with a right fit and the same head and washer/nut diameter. Also the hardness and strength of the bolt must be right. I am unsure if the specialized bolts are coated with teflon or a hard-wearing material. I wouldn't get too far into it if you don't know much about it. I don't see lowes carrying the right bolt, a specialty fastener store may be able to get one... but chances are they won't deal because if it isn't in stock - you'll have to order a box of 20 or something.

This would probably totally void your warranty also, so, maybe just order the right bolt if you don't have to get the complete bolt replacement kit.

Go SOLAR...
    I agree, I did find a regular bolt, but it wasn't smooth in the right places. I went to Fastenal and came up empty. I ordered 2 for $12, its just the wait that is terrible. The stock bolt must have the strength of a toothpick..it's alloy and hollow. Worthless for a bolt IMO. It says to torque to 100in/lbs. I had 60 before it sheared.
    Go Solar...