Thread: Low Setting ?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Low Setting ?

Specialize now lists it's geometry for BB height, seat angle and head tube angle as (low setting). Does that mean with the bike in a sagged position? I actually asked our Specialized rep this question and didn't get an answer!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    is this for specific bikes? alot of the spesh lineup has adjustable mounts to change the angles

mtbr member
    Some bikes let you adjust the geometry. But sometimes Specialized leaves that "low" notation in their geometry tables even on bikes for which no adjustment is possible. Tell us which exact bike you're looking at, and we can better help.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    The geometry charts are for Stumpjumper FSR's

mtbr member
    I believe the "low setting" means the adjustable fork is in the shortest travel setting, thereby, affecting the geometry of all the angles.

mtbr member
    So far as I can see, none of the 2008 Stumpy FSRs come stock with adjustable travel forks. What you're seeing in the geometry tables might be a holdover from the days when those bikes did come with adjustable-travel forks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanGennick
    So far as I can see, none of the 2008 Stumpy FSRs come stock with adjustable travel forks. What you're seeing in the geometry tables might be a holdover from the days when those bikes did come with adjustable-travel forks.
    You're so right...I've seen stuff such as this on their site before. Probably a simple case of not updating the verbiage on the descriptions. Maybe they're always rushing to do those lunchtime rides that I read about.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    The same geometry template is used for all bikes. If the bike has high/low bottom bracket options the stated geometry information is while the bike is in its low bottom bracket position.

And yes we do rush to the lunchtime ride, takeoff time is 12:15 pronto.