mtbr member

It looks like my shock is hitting my frame 07 Enduro

There's some little 'nicks' in the sticker on the side of my shock - looks like the frame is flexing a bit and hitting the shock a little bit. Yes, everything is tight and there's no play in the pivots or anything... Anyone have this on your bike? I'm 220lbs and although I don't huck or 'freeride' - I just do XC on some pretty great trails. There are some 4' dropoffs that sort of just appear on the trails here and there but I really don't think that I've bottomed it out harshly or anything. I'm thinking it's more when I'm doing something mid speed and the rear tire goes sideways against a wet root or a hard high speed corner. Sorry to ramble - anyone else have something like that on yours?

slaving away in paradise
    Apr 2005
    is it the enduro sl or enduro based on the sx frame? I'm getting a enduro pro next week so I
    am curious how this turns out. While I'm not 220 I am 190 and you trail sounds like what I'm
    going to be using my bike for (I got a demo for the big stuff).

Could it be that the shock is hitting something when you transport or store it? Have you looked
    at cable routing issues?

Cheers C.

mtbr member
    It's not the fourbar style - vertical shock.

mtbr member
    Oh and definately from riding.

mtbr member
    got a picture of the damage/bike?

mtbr member
    I can take one if you really want to see it - the shock is just barely hitting the sticker right now. Anyway, I can get a pic for you.

slaving away in paradise
    Apr 2005
    Is it possible it was a one time hit, or are you sure it's happened more than once?
    My thinking is that it is in the path of rocks being thrown forward by your rear tire, and maybe
    a pebble got caught in between? I was looking at my wifes sx trail, mind you she has the
    5th coil, but there looks to be enough room for a air shock in there without hitting.

Can you lower the pressure in the shock so that when you sit on the bike it compresses all the
    way? Then you could maybe jiggle your ass to see if it's even getting close? I'm not sure how
    lost you can drop the pressure in those shocks without damaging the shock or if it even matters.

Keep us updated.