mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Looking at buying 07 Enduro

What do you all think about this entry level Enduro? It comes with dhx 3.0 and a marzocci all mtn sl . Any known problems like the SL has? Mainly plan on riding XC with lots of roots and rocks. I am getting a good deal on a closeout (I think) but want to know if it is a good bike. Oh yea , I'm 6'4 and 250.

dirt visionary
    This bike? If so thats a pic of mine almost stock . Anyways it will be okay for xc but more designed for all mountain . I have riden mine on everything from xc to dh and it does great for me . But if you only do xc and have no need for 6inches of travel with some bob then get a stumpjumper . If you like going down fast then the enduro is agood choice but it will be somewhat of a pig uphill because of the lack of propedal on the 3.0 shock .

As for the fork its a gutted all mountain sl it has rebound and air assit only . Not bad to start but it would be the first upgraded part if it was me.
    Close to stock.

As it sits now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    at your size I think an enduro would be a good choice.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

check the reviews..

Look up the Enduro in the reviews section of this web site.. alot of info there.

The Other Dude
    the enduro is a great bike, and specialized is selling them pretty cheap to dealers right now. You can actually get the elite for just a few $$ more, and it gets you the DHX 4.0 shock, a fox fork and avid juicy 5 brakes. I would look into that one.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    They are a great deal right now, trust me (work in a spec. shop). I'd go the next model up if you can stand the few extra $ as jut8 said above. A friend bought one from my shop and was looking for a new fork imediatly after riding his. Not that it's bad but my enduro came with the talas r and he had riden mine and fell in love. Also if you have any issues with the rear shock don't be afraid to tell the dealer to rebuild it for you. Ther was small "stuck down" issue with the dhx air's that is an easy one day fix if you have an issue.

Whatever you buy you'll love it though!

mtbr member
    I bought the S-works (same frame I think) and it's a great bike. I'm a pretty good climber so I don't notice too much bob.

mtbr member
    Oh, and propedal isn't all that great.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Thanks for the replies. I wanted to step up to the next level, but they did not have my size XL. Waiting to pick it up after leaky front shock is fixed.

Ridin' Dirty
    Oct 2007
    i have a large enduro elite brand new i will sell you for 850.

Let me know.

email: abuballer07@hotmail.com
    Titusman

mtbr member
    i just ordered the expert, it's sitting in my LBS back home waiting for me to finish paying it off....I did a lot of research before deciding on the 07 enduro and i'd say it's a good fit. i'm also a big guy (6'1", 210#) and they seem to be a good bike for that. Definitely try and get the elite though, i think you'd be much happier in the long run. the few of the regular enduros i've sat on with that fork have felt really... cruddy in the fork. The extra cash it'll cost you to upgrade the fork later is more than it would be to just get the elite or the expert, thats how i justified it.....

either way, good luck! i'm sure you'll enjoy it either way, i know i'm looking forward to mine

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Funds are limited. If it was'nt for the closeout, I wouldn't be able to get this one. This will be my first full suspension , so I think I will be able to appreciate it regardless. My lbs was supposed to have it ready for me to pick up by the 15th, but that didn't happen. Hopefully by next friday!