mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Looking for a 1999 Stumpjumper FSR Pro linkage upgrade

Hello,

Does anyone know of a linkage upgrade for a 99. I know Mountain Speed made the x-rated linkage. I tried to contact them via email, but no luck. I also tried my local bike shop with no luck. Any other suggestions, or bike shops to contact. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    try betd site - they have the links and the arms. I have the link on 99 fsr - nice. got it used for $30 though - they aint cheap from the maker but people like them.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorbut
    try betd site - they have the links and the arms. I have the link on 99 fsr - nice. got it used for $30 though - they aint cheap from the maker but people like them.
    I got one for my 99 stumpy and it may a world of difference. If you are still using bushing instead bearing on your linkage, BETD sells a needle bearing kit that will improve stiffness of your rear linkage.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    anyone have a problem with the BETD link in 6 inch causing the front derailleur to rub on the bottom of the cage?

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Thanks for replying. I will take a look at the BETD site. Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    whats on the front - the betd in 5 inch is fine with standard RS deluxe they came with but need to balance it. I have a 130mm up front and its good with the 5 inch setting. At 5 inch I dont get the FD rubbing on the chain in granny to 11 cog