dude

Longest Axel to Crown for 06 HardRock?

My bro is looking for a new fork to replace his MZ-3. What's the longest-travel fork he can put on there? I was going to recommend a RS. Revelation, but I'm not sure that the 130mm end would be nice to his headtube or not.

Checked the specialized website, nothing there (unless I missed it). Anywhere else I need to look or does anyone know off-hand?

Thanks!

trail addict
    I can't give you the official word on how long you can go, but I say that I really like my hardrock with a Float 120 on it. I didn't really want to go all the way to 130, and the price was right (used on Ebay) so the Float 120 seemed perfect, I probably lost about a pound, gained rigidity, adjustments, and better suspension action. If you go all the way to 130, I recommend something that can have travel reduced-like rockshox with Uturn. All floats can have travel reduced, but you have to take them apart and insert a spacer-my 120 was an oem fork for a stumpjumper and was already set to 120.

Good luck, the frame is tough, so should take a fork longer than 100mm, but specialized might not agree...
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.