mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Long Shot - Specialized BETD linkage

I have a 2000 Specilaized S-Works FSR XC. I love the bike except for the fact that it isn't disc brake 'ready'. I got an outstanding deal on a 2002 Specialzed Stumpjumper M4 FSR XC, so I'm thinking of moving my (better) components to the newer frame and throwing some dics on it. I already have a spare set of disc rims and BB7's.

Here's the deal: I have a pricey ($200) BETD linkage on my 2000 frame, and I'd love to have a similar one for my 2002 frame. I'm using the 110mm setting on my S-Works. The stock linkage on the 2002 only offers 90mm on the high end. I really don't want to shell out another $200 for a new linkage. Does anyone happen to have a BETD linkage for the 01-03 FSR XC they'd be willing to trade or sell outright?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Bump from the dead. Anyone have a BETD or other aftermarket suspension link for a 2002 FSR XC?

dirtbag
    No luck in the US of A?

Try direct from the source, albeit in UK,

Specialized Linkages and Upgrades : Mountain bikes and componets by BETD Goldtec
    Amolan

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ranier View Post
    No luck in the US of A?

Try direct from the source, albeit in UK,

Specialized Linkages and Upgrades : Mountain bikes and componets by BETD Goldtec
    I'm trying to avoid paying $200 shipped for one if I don't have to.

mtb
    Just sell your old frame and linkage and buy a new one. I love mine. Made the bike much more rideable.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmark View Post
    I have a 2000 Specilaized S-Works FSR XC. I love the bike except for the fact that it isn't disc brake 'ready'. I got an outstanding deal on a 2002 Specialzed Stumpjumper M4 FSR XC, so I'm thinking of moving my (better) components to the newer frame and throwing some dics on it. I already have a spare set of disc rims and BB7's.

Here's the deal: I have a pricey ($200) BETD linkage on my 2000 frame, and I'd love to have a similar one for my 2002 frame. I'm using the 110mm setting on my S-Works. The stock linkage on the 2002 only offers 90mm on the high end. I really don't want to shell out another $200 for a new linkage. Does anyone happen to have a BETD linkage for the 01-03 FSR XC they'd be willing to trade or sell outright?
    You could also search for the disk brake adapter for the 00 frame.

I had one on mine.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    Just sell your old frame and linkage and buy a new one. I love mine. Made the bike much more rideable.
    I'm leaning in that direction. I just bought a fork for the new frame so I can build it up and get it rideable. Then I'll sell the old frame. I have the old suspension link for the 2000 frame, so I'll sell the frame with the original linkage and sell the BETD linkage seperately.

mtb
    Post a pic when you build it up.

mtbr member
    I got mine off ebay UK...the guy said in his listing he would not ship to the USA, but I messaged him and he was more than willing to do so if I paid for the shipping...think I paid him $75 for the link (no spacers or hardware, got that from the manufacturer) and $25 shipping. BTW...on those links...if you use either of the rearmost holes you get 100mm and the holes towards the front of the bike are 120 correct?...and each travel setting has a high or low ride height? Just getting around to setting mine up and am 99% sure that's the way it works, just wanted to confirm. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Yes, you are correct about the travel and ride height settings.

mtbr member
    When you had your link did it feel more stable at the lower travel setting? I'm not a fan of the 120mm setting feel. The steering feels awfully twitchy. 100mm seems better. I've only ridden both on the lower height settings. Maybe I'm just not used to it yet.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootlegfab View Post
    When you had your link did it feel more stable at the lower travel setting? I'm not a fan of the 120mm setting feel. The steering feels awfully twitchy. 100mm seems better. I've only ridden both on the lower height settings. Maybe I'm just not used to it yet.
    I preferred the lower travel settings as well. But I'm sure you'd get used to it if you left it at 120mm.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Im looking for a BETD Linkage too for my specialized FSR XC 2006.

Anyone got one? Will pay PayPal with Delivery :-)

In desperate need of one!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I just looked at the BETD site for the first time in awhile. It looks like they've discontinued a few of their linkages, like the one ofr the old Ground Control FSR's.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmark View Post
    I just looked at the BETD site for the first time in awhile. It looks like they've discontinued a few of their linkages, like the one ofr the old Ground Control FSR's.
    Just a quick note to say that most of the links pre 06 are in stock in a raw state to have anodised in colour of choice