mtbr member

Lighter' weight Demo 9's

Ok, not sure if this has been started before..I know it can be done...so is there anyone out there with Demo 9's that weigh 45 pounds or less? If so post a pic with a parts spec.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I wish, a stock demo 9 pro weighs 47 according to my shops scale and I have put smaller tires on and aluminum crowns and somehow it magically gained 2lbs so mine weighs in at a ridiculous 49lbs. I am anxious to see if anuone has one under 45. or if anyone has one that weighs over 50

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by giffels
    I wish, a stock demo 9 pro weighs 47 according to my shops scale and I have put smaller tires on and aluminum crowns and somehow it magically gained 2lbs so mine weighs in at a ridiculous 49lbs. I am anxious to see if anuone has one under 45. or if anyone has one that weighs over 50

yea really!, i got mine down to 47.3 with a 2006 888 rc2x, integrated stem, diabolus bars which are heavier than stock, maxxis minions 2.5/2.7, E-13 SRS w/38T race face DH ring and azonic x mountain pedals.. I never did those upgrades to save weight, just preference

i did read somewhere about this guy who had one about 42 pounds or something crazy close to that but i forgot to save the link.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Ebob has his pretty close to 42 1/2 - 43 lbs I believe. His upgrades are lighter wheels (Singletracks vs 729's) TI spring, lighter tires/tubeless?, Roco. I'm not sure what else he did.

mtbr member
    Roco does not count as light...
    Passion beyond reason!

Specialized Rida
    Mine wieghs in about 44'ish.

Members who have read this thread: 0