The Other Dude

Good job! Light Enduro SL Front Wheel!

I took the front wheel off of my Enduro SL expert to have it relaced with a new Mavic 819 UST Disc rim and DB spokes. I took the weight of the wheel stock, and i was REALLY impressed with it. Here is what i got:

Stock wheel, COMPLETE with tire, tube, rimstrip and Avid 8" rotor and bolts:

1894g

Bare Wheel with Rimstrip:

838g

I then compared that to my crossmax XL front wheel with 20mm adapters (no rimstrip or UST stem)

878g

I couldnt believe that the stock SL expert rim weighed 50 grams less than the Crossmax XL front, i just thought that was interesting! Good Job Specialized!
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

Where are You ?
    Mar 2007

Too Light ?

Hey jut,

I just put money down on an SL. Demo'ed a SJ FSR Expert and popped TWO of those resoltion tires on consecutive days. Not riding too terrible hard either.... They seemed flappy when the air was out. My friend has a different size on his epic front and says it's never been a problem. I wonder if they had some thin walls in a lot....anywho, a bit off topic i guess. L8ter

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jut8
    I couldnt believe that the stock SL expert rim weighed 50 grams less than the Crossmax XL front, i just thought that was interesting! Good Job Specialized!
    But is it as strong as the XL.

cranktankerous Mainer
    Wow that is good to know because I plan to ride those DT430ís for now into the ground and upgrade later, itís nice to know the weight. But with that said, I am in the process of rebuilding the rear wheel, that piece of crap rear hub has got to go! I just snatched up a new SL from my local bike shop that just got one in, easy come easy go. Unfortunately, there is way to much snow in my neck of the woods right now to give the new ride a proper go of it. Before I ride on the rim, a RED Chris King HD laced to the DT 430 is my plan for now. It wonít be the lightest wheel but those funbolts and stiffer axle I feel will be necessary for this rigÖ oh an the red King will add just the right amount of bling.

Hurry up snow- MELT!
    Been there, done that... don't remember it.
    Bronson, Tallboy & Highball