Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Let's see your '13 Stumpy FSR's!

Saw a thread posting 2012's, so I thought maybe we should do one with 2013's.
    My setup:
    - Alloy model, med frame
    - Stan's ZTR Arch Ex 29er wheelset (also tubeless)
    - Sram XG 1080 rear cassette
    - Syntace F109 75mm stem, 6 deg rise.
    - Flybikes resin pedals
    - Oury slide on grips (installed after pic was taken)
    - Easton Haven Carbon bar (711 mm)

Rest of the bike is stock. Currently weighs in at 27 lbs 12 oz. Got some used S-work carbon cranks on it which might lower it to the lower-mid 27's. Feels a lot faster/lighter than my 2008 Stumpy FSR Comp 26er which is almost 30 lbs. Just itching for that snow on my singletrack to melt already!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's see your '13 Stumpy FSR's!-stumpysetup.jpg  

mtbr member
    Here's my 2013 Elite. Did not bother with stock wheels,swapped with a set of Sun Ringle' Black Flag Pro. With XT pedals and Zee Cage comes at 30.4 lbs,a far cry from my Flash 29's 22lbs and my Roubaix's 15.5 but that's how the bike is.

mtbr member
    ^What size frame is your bike?

mtbr member
    it's an L
    '13 Stumpy fsr Elite 29 pimped ( for sale)
    '15 Tarmac Sworks
    '15 Canyon Spectral 8.9

mtbr member
    Yeah, stumpys aren't the lightest bikes out there. My 27 pound-ish SJ feels light to me though. Since all I have ridden was a 34 lb Kona and my 30 lb Stumpy 26er.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hey 2013 stumpy owners, did you guys notice a difference in front end stiffness with the 15mm axle up front? My 2012 fsr comp feels a lot stiffer up front than my 08 fsr comp, but only has 9mm through bolt. Added stiffness up front is probably from the tapered head tube of the 2012 frame design.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    My weapon of choice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's see your '13 Stumpy FSR's!-20121223_122807.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpynerd View Post
    Hey 2013 stumpy owners, did you guys notice a difference in front end stiffness with the 15mm axle up front? My 2012 fsr comp feels a lot stiffer up front than my 08 fsr comp, but only has 9mm through bolt. Added stiffness up front is probably from the tapered head tube of the 2012 frame design.
    I dont feel any difference but I have not paid much attention. I will try both out and look for a diff.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hey Gnar, I mostly noticed the difference in stiffness when going through rocky sections and picking lines across sketchy areas of the trail.

mtbr member
    Hey Gnar, I mostly noticed the difference in stiffness when going through rocky sections and picking lines across sketchy areas of the trail.
    I haven't had a chance to take my bike out yet, so that is probably why! Let's see yer Stumpy tho!

mtbr member
    I absolutely do and I'm loving it. It's a night and day difference from my 2011 FSR Elite. Tapered head tube+15mm axle,rock solid feel and amazing precision. It's honest to say that these new CDT forks are excellent products too,my Lefty have sure a reason to be jealous
    Last edited by Devastazione; 01-11-2013 at 09:46 AM.
    '15 Tarmac Sworks
    '15 Canyon Spectral 8.9

mtbr member
    Let me add a better pic of my Elite,this was few minutes before maiden ride.Saddle pouch is gone,Command Post was not liking it
    As previously said this red/grey/black is for the EU market,USA got the matte black and yellow 2011 EVO FSR 26'' style,still the best looking EVO to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's see your '13 Stumpy FSR's!-image.jpg  

Last edited by Devastazione; 01-11-2013 at 09:51 AM.
    '15 Tarmac Sworks
    '15 Canyon Spectral 8.9

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastazione View Post
    Let me add a better pic of my Elite,this was few minutes before maiden ride.Saddle pouch is gone,Command Post was not liking it
    As previously said this red/grey/black is for the EU market,USA got the matte black and yellow 2011 EVO FSR 26'' style,still the best looking EVO to me.
    That's a sexy lookin' machine.

mtbr member

My 2013 Carbon Comp 29er

2013 Carbon Comp SJ FSR 29 in Medium.
    Only things that are stock is frame, fork, headset, stem, front der, BB and cranks.
    XO Shifters and Rear Der.
    Command Post
    Salsa Pro Moto Carbon bars
    Ergon Grips
    Avid RL brakes
    Egg Beaters
    Stans Arch EX laced to Hope ProII's
    Captain 2.2 on back
    Purgatory 2.4 up front (both tubeless).

27.1lbs.

FWIW, all of this equipment was on a 2011 Epic Carbon Comp 29 that came in at almost the exact same weight. 30% more travel and no weight penalty? Twist my arm...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's see your '13 Stumpy FSR's!-img_0193.jpg  

Let's see your '13 Stumpy FSR's!-img_0181.jpg  

Let's see your '13 Stumpy FSR's!-img_0185.jpg  

Let's see your '13 Stumpy FSR's!-img_0189.jpg  

"There are two kinds of mountain bikers in the world: those who are faster than me, and me."

mtbr member
    ^^ Nice

mtbr member
    Ordering my'n this weekend upgrading from a 2010 stumpjumper fsr comp 26 cant wait!

Quote Originally Posted by alshead View Post
    2013 Carbon Comp SJ FSR 29 in Medium.
    Only things that are stock is frame, fork, headset, stem, front der, BB and cranks.
    XO Shifters and Rear Der.
    Command Post
    Salsa Pro Moto Carbon bars
    Ergon Grips
    Avid RL brakes
    Egg Beaters
    Stans Arch EX laced to Hope ProII's
    Captain 2.2 on back
    Purgatory 2.4 up front (both tubeless).

27.1lbs.

FWIW, all of this equipment was on a 2011 Epic Carbon Comp 29 that came in at almost the exact same weight. 30% more travel and no weight penalty? Twist my arm...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brand0n1 View Post
    My weapon of choice.
    Did you remove your big ring up front?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Yay! a page for the "13's !!

Heres mine, FSR Comp 29
    Took it out today for a short ride and it performed flawless!!

mtbr member
    I'm jealous to all of you who have been able to take their '13's out already. I bought mine and BAM it snows. Blizzard today. =(

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Here's mine the day I built it. '13 Stumpy Comp.

Upgrades so far:
    -Command Post Blacklite
    -Tubeless conversion
    -Beaten up Shimano M520 pedals.
    -ODI SDG lock-on grips

Future upgrades:
    -New pedals

So far I'm loving this thing. I've had it out on quite a few rides and one small race and am really digging how it performs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by owensjs View Post
    Here's mine the day I built it. '13 Stumpy Comp.

Upgrades so far:
    -Command Post Blacklite
    -Tubeless conversion
    -Beaten up Shimano M520 pedals.
    -ODI SDG lock-on grips

Future upgrades:
    -New pedals

So far I'm loving this thing. I've had it out on quite a few rides and one small race and am really digging how it performs.

Nice bro

So did you keep the Command Post switch split from the ODIs or does it click in their lock on system ? I'm a big fan of ODI grips !!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastazione View Post
    Nice bro

So did you keep the Command Post switch split from the ODIs or does it click in their lock on system ? I'm a big fan of ODI grips !!
    Thanks man! I have the switch seperate from the ODI grips. The Command Post switch doesn't seem to play nice with the ODI grips that I have, but for me it wasn't a big deal to just mount it to the handlebar next to the grip. It's only an extra 6mm over or so and I like these grips much better than the ones that came with my bike, so it's a good trade off.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I have a 13 Stumpy Evo 26er size small coming my way by EOW. So flippin' excited.

mtbr member
    Carbon EVO with XX1. I'm not a weight weenie but for some reason I want to keep making this lighter!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

2013 Stumpy FSR expert carbon 29er - small

Just got dirt on it finally. Rode Saturday and today. Great bike for climbing tech. Still dialing in the fork but autosag works well. Had an issue with rear tire not sealing for tubeless, so I have to replace the stock rim strip and try again. Loving it so far. I think I will sell the 26er.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's see your '13 Stumpy FSR's!-img_2150.jpg  

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast