Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Just installed a BETD linkage on my 06 FSR XC PRO pics

I just got done installing a BETD linkage on my 06 FSR XC Pro and It is one of the best products I have seen. The machine work is unbelivable on there product.It totally change my bike. The travel is so much better. These bike should come stock like this. It works awsome with the longer Fox Float R shock. The stock Fox Triad will be a back up when I send the Fox Float R to Push industries.

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005

JJV
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    can you change the travel for your bike with that or is for the stumpy also?
    Jim

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    How does it react on the 130 setting?
    have you take it for an serious All mountain ride?

have yout got an longer shock installed? you mean a larger eye to eye ?
    Last edited by jappo; 02-01-2007 at 01:09 PM.

Humpmaster general
    what is your weight?
    what pressure were you using pre link and what pressure are you using post link?
    your moma's so ugly, one time she looked out of the window and got arrested for mooning

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I am using 170 for the air pressure whats nice is that the float R you can put more pressure in it than the Triad.It is alittle longer than the Triad. my weight is about 200. The 130 setting is real nice alot of travel but with the weather we are having now I will keep it at 100. Its nice that you can adjust it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I understood that you changed also the rear shock with the link: can you please tell us the sizes of the original shock (triad 6.5 X 1.5, I suppose) and of the Float R?

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    The rear shock is off a Cannondale Rush 800. It is longer than a stock Triad that comes on the FSR XC Pro. I had the shocks length but can not find it. I would measure the two together but the Fox Triad is back at Fox for the stuck down issue.
    Last edited by z71; 02-02-2007 at 05:48 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Did you have any problem/issue during disassembling the original shock and assembling the new one?

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I am not sure what you mean. But if you mean just replacing the shock and installing the Cannondale shock is very easy. All you do is let out all the air of the shock and take out the 2 bolts.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    This is exaclty what I meant. Thank you for your answers, I think I'll buy a BETD link for my stumpy

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    What is the real advantage of the BETD link. Is it just the 100-130 travel or is there something else

mtbr member

Nice

I think it looks very nice. Let us know how it feels.

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jdoglike
    What is the real advantage of the BETD link. Is it just the 100-130 travel or is there something else
    You would be shocked how much a little more travel does to your bike. It gives it more pedal clearence also to clear roots and rocks. It also is alot stronger. If you do a search you will see some people cracked there stock linkage.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Hi, I just bought a BETD linkage. This afternoon I started to replace the linkage but, when I disassembled the original linkage from my '04 stumpjumper FSR I realized that the reducer in the eyelet of the shock has to be removed. This is (for me) the problem : without specific tools I tried to do it, but I wasn't able to extract it from the eyelet. Have you some suggestion for me (except going to a skilled mechanic )?

mtbr member
    If you go the the fox site and view the service video it goes over it. I think you just need a bolt extractor.

wayne
    89 Univega HT -???-
    92 Specd SJ HT M2 -stolen-
    92 Specd SJ HT M2 -sold-
    94 Specd SJ HT M2 -sold-
    97 Klien Mantra -sold-
    01 Specd enduro FSR
    02 Specd enduro FSR -sold-
    04 Specd stumpjumper FSR
    05 Specd enduro FSR Sworks

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Fork Length and Head Angle

Hi Z71,

I think I am right in saying your frame came with a 100mm fork. I have an 04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro and also want to get one of the BETD links. I have a rock shox Reba fork with 115mm travel. Can you tell me if you still have 100mm forks on the frame and if so how does this ride or affect the head angle when you use the 130mm setting on the back, do you feel you need to raise the front at all.
    Any advice welcome Cheers,
    Kev

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by submariner
    Hi Z71,

I think I am right in saying your frame came with a 100mm fork. I have an 04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro and also want to get one of the BETD links. I have a rock shox Reba fork with 115mm travel. Can you tell me if you still have 100mm forks on the frame and if so how does this ride or affect the head angle when you use the 130mm setting on the back, do you feel you need to raise the front at all.
    Any advice welcome Cheers,
    Kev
    My front fork is a Rock Shox Recon 351 Air it has air adjustments from 80mm-100mm-130mm. I love the BETD linkage and will never go back to the way it is stock. I like the ride of mine compared to the 07 stumpjumper comp. I was going to trade mine in on one until I got the linkage. It totally changed the ride of my bike. The head angle is not bad on the 130mm setting in the back. But I am running a adjustable rise stem and higher rise bars. So I do not know if that had something to do with everything comming together. I wish some of you could ride my bike so you could compare it before you drop that much money in for the linkage. All I can say is that it improved my bike in the BB height which it really needed and the ride is much more stable. So If it improved my ride I am sure it would improve the ride of the Stumpjumper. I hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Thanks for the info,
    I think I'll just get the link and risk it.
    Cheers,
    Kev

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Have you tried it at 130 setting? Can the bike handle more abuse in that setting? Like more and larger drops etc..?
    Let us know!!

Thanks.

mtbr member

The BETD seems awesome??

Is it true?
    Doesn't weigh more?
    Uses my same shock?

I have an 05 Stumpy FSR pro (Stock was 100mm front travel). The bike now has an 05 Marathon SL fork. It has air adjustable travel to 120mm. Am I correct in thinking I could install the BETD set it at the 100mm position and my slack head tube angle would be eliminated? This seems like the greatest upgrade ever! Am I missing something?

Craig
    Last edited by mtbcraig; 02-19-2007 at 10:11 PM.
    happy hour is over, and I need two more gears.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    [QUOTE=
    Doesn't weigh more?
    :[/QUOTE]

Yes, Betd linkage weights about 160 grams more than the original one.
    I still didn't test it but, as I red in many other topics, I hope that the adavntages in riding will cancel this weight increase

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by z71
    My front fork is a Rock Shox Recon 351 Air it has air adjustments from 80mm-100mm-130mm. I love the BETD linkage and will never go back to the way it is stock. I like the ride of mine compared to the 07 stumpjumper comp. I was going to trade mine in on one until I got the linkage. It totally changed the ride of my bike. The head angle is not bad on the 130mm setting in the back. But I am running a adjustable rise stem and higher rise bars. So I do not know if that had something to do with everything comming together. I wish some of you could ride my bike so you could compare it before you drop that much money in for the linkage. All I can say is that it improved my bike in the BB height which it really needed and the ride is much more stable. So If it improved my ride I am sure it would improve the ride of the Stumpjumper. I hope this helps.
    Hey, I've also got a Recon 351 Air fork (non uturn) on my 06 FSR XC Pro. It came on the bike set to 100mm travel. How do you adjust it to 130mm?? I didn't see any way to do that. Am I missing something?? Is yours a uturn model?

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyp111
    Hey, I've also got a Recon 351 Air fork (non uturn) on my 06 FSR XC Pro. It came on the bike set to 100mm travel. How do you adjust it to 130mm?? I didn't see any way to do that. Am I missing something?? Is yours a uturn model?
    I am refering to what it says the air settings are on the bottom of the fork. On my Recon air fork it tells you the settings on the bottom of the fork. They have a web site with owners manuals that will tell you the setting if you do not have a manual.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast