Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I found the info on how to change the travel settings. It involves removing the spacer to get the 130mm travel. I may try this out and the BETD link and turn it into a 5" travel trail bike. It will fix the two problems I found with the FSR XC Pro by raising the BB and slackening the head angle.

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyp111
    I found the info on how to change the travel settings. It involves removing the spacer to get the 130mm travel. I may try this out and the BETD link and turn it into a 5" travel trail bike. It will fix the two problems I found with the FSR XC Pro by raising the BB and slackening the head angle.
    I had this done when I installed my Rock shok pop-lock.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    z71, what tools did you need to install BETD link on the FSR XC? Any additional details, spares, reducers? Thanks!

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    It is very easy to install. I think it was the easiest thing I put on my bike. All you need is the right size allen head to take off the link bolts. You do need to take out the bushing in the bottom shock. They give you a new bolt and bushings and they are much better than stock. You can do this with a vise and a small socket. I made a tool to do this so I would not have to use a vise and it was way to cold out to go up in the shed. If you need any help with the link and bushings let me know I will tell you how to make a easy tool to take out the bushing in the bottom shock if you do not have a vise.

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by z71
    It is very easy to install. I think it was the easiest thing I put on my bike. All you need is the right size allen head to take off the link bolts. You do need to take out the bushing in the bottom shock. They give you a new bolt and bushings and they are much better than stock. You can do this with a vise and a small socket. I made a tool to do this so I would not have to use a vise and it was way to cold out to go up in the shed. If you need any help with the link and bushings let me know I will tell you how to make a easy tool to take out the bushing in the bottom shock if you do not have a vise.
    Here is a pic of the tool.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Thanks z71!

So, here is mine

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer13
    Thanks z71!

So, here is mine

Looks good Archer13. I think the Red is the best color they offer in the linkage. He is a pic with the Fox Float R I installed after my Fox Tiad got stuck down.

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Why is it not at the 130mm setting?
    That would be te reason for me to buy it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Installed it, with the new fork also

Rear: 100, Front: 90

Rear: 100, Front: 100

Rear: 100, Front: 130

Rear: 130, Front: 130

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    wich set-up do you prefer?
    and for what usage

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jappo
    wich set-up do you prefer?
    and for what usage
    Dunno, I did 130mm on the rear just a hour ago

Today I've tried rear 100mm with front 130mm. Like it. Tomorrow I'll try 130mm rear.

Anyway, BETD is good for standard 100m settings, because BB is higher, than on Specialized link.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Ok let us know how it worked.. how are you gonna test it?

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jappo
    Ok let us know how it worked.. how are you gonna test it?
    I have a park (forest) near home, there is some small trails inside, I'm riding them often. So, if something changes, believe that I will feel it

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    sorry I ment do you do many drop's and technical tracks on your local trail.
    I would use the 130 setting for more agressive riding like All mountain.
    Are you riding pure xc or also some All mountain/ agressive XC

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    No drops, no jumps, but there is some stairs on the trail. Let's say, it's not agressive XC, but fun XC (PUSH Industry terminology )

BETD-link can't make Enduro bolid from the "middle-class" XC bike, so I'm looking forward for comfy trail, faster descents and, probably, a little bit aggresively riding then before.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    hehe enduro is probably a bit overkill indeed.. but im sure the frame can handle a bit more agressive riding ?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    At last today I tested my BETD linkage on my stumpy fsr '04, using 130mm travel: WONDERFUL!!!

This upgrade should be mandatory for every stumpjumper fsr originally with 100mm of rear travel: today I felt like I had a brand new all mountain bike, weighting and climbing like a cross country bike, and descending with a plushness I never felt before!

My only issue was the taller bottom bracket, that makes more difficult to mount on the bike, but I think this is a sweet price to pay for the HUGE advantages...
    Well done BETD!

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I got a good ride in the other day.My linkage is set in the 100mm setting but I am running a longer rear Fox Float R shock and all I can say is this is a wonderfull set-up on 100mm. It is really plush with no pedal bob at all. I will have to see how the 130mm setting is but I am really happy with the way the geometry is and the bb height in the 100mm setting. Its hard to believe the linkage would change the bike like this.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    z71 - That Fox Float R shock you are running sure looks to be CONSIDERABLY longer than the OEM shock. It looks like the rear of the front triangle is jacked up making your head tube angle steeper. How does it ride?? Have you noticed it being a bit twitchy in the front end??

Archer13 - Your pics are a great help. Your FSR XC looks right at home on the 130R/130F setting. It really looks like a 5" all mountian rig with a decent amount of BB clearance. Can you measure the BB height? I'm interested to see how much difference it makes with 130mm F&R.

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyp111
    z71 - That Fox Float R shock you are running sure looks to be CONSIDERABLY longer than the OEM shock. It looks like the rear of the front triangle is jacked up making your head tube angle steeper. How does it ride?? Have you noticed it being a bit twitchy in the front end??

Archer13 - Your pics are a great help. Your FSR XC looks right at home on the 130R/130F setting. It really looks like a 5" all mountian rig with a decent amount of BB clearance. Can you measure the BB height? I'm interested to see how much difference it makes with 130mm F&R.
    It rides awsome not twitchy at all i have the sag set perfect. when you sit on it it does not look as steep as it does when you are not on it without my weight. It runs alot better than stock. I have more travel in the 100mm setting with the fox float than I did with the fox triad in the 130mm setting. The fox float rides much more plush and just is a all around better shock than my fox triad was. I plan on getting a new front fork with some more travel up front when the weather here breaks.
    Last edited by z71; 02-25-2007 at 04:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer13
    Installed it, with the new fork also

Rear: 130, Front: 130
    Sweet build! I would ride it until dialed-in with this 130/130 set-up. The higher BB is needed when you take into account of the extra travel the frame is now providing.

I wonder how the 130 fork and 130 frame impact the Head Angle? Anything at or less than 70 deg and you're golden.

Ant

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by z71
    It rides awsome not twitchy at all i have the sag set perfect. when you sit on it it does not look as steep as it does when you are not on it without my weight. It runs alot better than stock. I have more travel in the 100mm setting with the fox float than I did with the fox triad in the 130mm setting. The fox float rides much more plush and just is a all around better shock than my fox triad was. I plan on getting a new front fork with some more travel up front when the weather here breaks.
    Dude, it's great to hear how well it's working for you. The Float is a superior shock to the Triad and I'm sure it'll be even better pushed!

By the way, I changed the travel on my Recon 351 Solo Air fork from 100mm to 130mm today. It's super easy to do and only took me 45 minutes. There's no need to go buy a longer travel fork. Just take out the spacer and your good to go at 130mm.

Now all I have to do is order the linkage from BETD and the FSR XC Pro will be rockin' at 130mm F&R! That'll give me a 5" travel XC bike (FSR), a 5.75" travel trail bike (Yeti 575) and a 6" travel all mountain rig (Enduro Expert).
    Although, my wife gets to ride the FSR XC Pro so now she's stoked.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Z71 nice to hear about the improvements. I own a 2k6 stumpy and want to put a betd link on my bike. Why don't you have the 130mm and 150mm link isn't your bike an 06. Anyways I can't get betd to respond to my emails and was wondering how long it took them to reply to you?

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jgreen
    Z71 nice to hear about the improvements. I own a 2k6 stumpy and want to put a betd link on my bike. Why don't you have the 130mm and 150mm link isn't your bike an 06. Anyways I can't get betd to respond to my emails and was wondering how long it took them to reply to you?
    I own a 06 FSR XC Pro and the linkage for my bike is 100mm to 130mm they go by the year of your bike and model. I got e-mails pretty fast from them. A guy named Dan helped me out. He would reply in a day or two. Remember they are a different time zone they are in the U.K.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast