reflexes of a puma

Juicy Disc Chatter

Hey all, I've been away from the forums for a few months and was wondering if there's a consensus for fixing the chattering noise (also described as stuttering, I think) Juicy brakes make with the stock '05 rotors? (I have the Juicy 5s on an '05 FSR, if that matters.) Mine aren't horribly noisy, but I do get an annoying squeaking chatter at low speeds on my rear disc.

Thanks!

Edit: If the bevel (as described here Pic of area to bevel on stuttering wavy rotors...) is the latest solution, please ignore my question as asked and answered. Thanks.
    Last edited by gcaz; 02-27-2006 at 10:16 AM.

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by gcaz
    Hey all, I've been away from the forums for a few months and was wondering if there's a consensus for fixing the chattering noise (also described as stuttering, I think) Juicy brakes make with the stock '05 rotors? (I have the Juicy 5s on an '05 FSR, if that matters.) Mine aren't horribly noisy, but I do get an annoying squeaking chatter at low speeds on my rear disc.

Thanks!

Edit: If the bevel (as described here Pic of area to bevel on stuttering wavy rotors...) is the latest solution, please ignore my question as asked and answered. Thanks.
    Put a small spacer between the adapter and the CPS spacers. They pads grab a little low on the polygon rotors. The easiest fix is to have your shop contact Avid and have them ship out a new set of Cleansweep rotors. They'll solve some problems.

reflexes of a puma
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Put a small spacer between the adapter and the CPS spacers. They pads grab a little low on the polygon rotors. The easiest fix is to have your shop contact Avid and have them ship out a new set of Cleansweep rotors. They'll solve some problems.
    Thanks -- I'll try having them contact Avid. Unfortunatly, I bought my bike from Supergo becuase they were the only shop with an XL in stock and now they've become Performance and don't return my calls. (I need seals on my Black from Answer/Manitou.) Grrr.

reflexes of a puma
    OK, I searched for more info on your washer tip and found this from Whangen. Good info in this post:

Brakes for a Nomad

Thanks again.

[Edit] and this thread too: Update me on the Juicy pulsing/stuttering problem
    Last edited by gcaz; 02-27-2006 at 11:23 AM.