Thread: Its Here!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Its Here!!

My bike finally showed up on the 4th, and the camera arrived today. Thought Id test out the new camera on the new bike. So heres she is, 2010 Hardrock Disc. Ive only had the time to ride it once but I loved it! Needs a few little adjustments Im hoping to have done tomorrow before hitting the trail again Sunday

Dual Squishy...
    Looks sweet!! I actually REALLY like the color. Shoot us a review after your next trail ride!!

Religion = Non-thinking
    how much did u pay for it, is it all stock?
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I wasnt sure if I was going to like to color scheme from the pics I saw, but once I saw it I was more than happy with it. Its all stock and I picked it up for $470. I took it out on a quick 30 minute romp the day I got it. The first thing I noticed was it shifts really smooth, especially under load going up hill. I heard some reports that entry level stuff is clunky on the 09's. They have the Shimano Altus and the 10's is an SRAM. Not sure if that makes a difference. Its an XL and Im 6'3 so size wise its great. The things that need adjusting are the discs rubbing on the caliper front and rear, but more like they are warped or crooked? And forgive my possible horrible description but,the larger front chain ring rubs on the derailleur when in the low gear. Tires need to be more aggressive as they lacked grip going up hill in the loose stuff. Other wise, its light and rides great so far. Im going out for a more aggressive ride tomorrow, maybe some trail pics and more info forth coming! Thanks for the props!

cougarbait
    most likely the shop guy did not pay much attention when he assembled your bike, which isn;t at all surprising. the brakes and FD issues you mentioned are easy fixes. you can try telling your LBS to fix them for you.
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

Members who have read this thread: 0