mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Which ISCG on '06 SX Trail?

Quick question - which chainguide mount does the 2006 SX Trail (black and silver) use, ISCG or ISCG '05?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    ISCG for sure, not iscg 05

The Other Dude
    Yup, regular ISCG
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Thank you, gentlemen.

mtbr member
    reg iscg but the tabs are off. I used an e-13 wide-iscg and still had to grind the holes wider. I think an mrp or raceface guide fits better. Can anyone confirm this? What is the best guide should be the question

The Other Dude
    I am using the Blackspire Dewlie without any mods, and my buddy is using a Blackspire Stinger, and he also did not have to perform any mods.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    i have tried blackspire dsx c4 and it was great on my sxt, now i'm using mrp system 3 and it's even better.
    make sure to set up the chain line correctly as this is the key to success wit any chain guide. these are 40t setups

hope this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by poniu
    i have tried blackspire dsx c4 and it was great on my sxt, now i'm using mrp system 3 and it's even better.
    make sure to set up the chain line correctly as this is the key to success wit any chain guide. these are 40t setups

hope this helps
    The chainline is not the problem. The problem with the SXT is that Specialized screwed up the iscg mounts. I was trying to decided on the MRP, Gamut or RaceFace

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    just measure iscg tabs on your frame and if tabs are off then any chain guide will not fit without mod...well this looks like a warranty issue (new frame maybe). and e-13 is just to complicated http://www.e13components.com/support_06fitchart.html

from left: iscg then iscg 05
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by poniu; 04-27-2007 at 06:40 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by poniu
    just measure iscg tabs on your frame and if tabs are off then any chain guide will not fit without mod...well this looks like a warranty issue (new frame maybe). and e-13 is just to complicated http://www.e13components.com/support_06fitchart.html

from left: iscg then iscg 05
    Unfortunately it is not just my frame all of the SXT's are welded wrong. They are rotated too far clockwise. So the e-13's won't fit w/o modding

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by quickneonrt
    What is the best guide should be the question
    The Blackspire Stinger (ISCG) mounted fine on my '06 SXT. It was rat cheap, too... about $30 if I recall correctly.
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"]Intense 5.5 | Specialized SX Trail II | Kona Dawg Primo [/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    ...so just to clarify, will my '07 frame be standard ISCG also?

The Other Dude
    yes it will, 07 and 08 are still the standard iscg

mtbr member
    If you use an E13 you need an old iscg WIDE back plate and it will still need some work

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I'm just going through the frustration of mounting an LG-1 on my SXT. It definitely requires modding.