mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Ideas on a saddle swap?

Hello all:

Through an interesting series of events I have come into possession of a new 2006 Stumpy HT. However, I didn't buy it from my local Specialized dealer (or from any Specialized dealer for that matter). It has a Rival saddle in the 130 mm width. I would like to exchange this for the 143 mm width saddle. Any ideas?

Thanks, Steve

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    ok no offense dude but wtf is your question?

if the saddle is too thin, go buy the wider one at the dealer and sell the other or maybe they'll be nice and switch it for free.

Mud Boy
    Nov 2004

try your local dealer

why not. Is the saddle new, as new? They just might take it in trade at less than full price you know. 07 saddles are out now too, and they are different from the 06's. Try working with your local Specialized shop, can't hurt. I havn't bought either of my Specialized bikes from any local shop. Both bought new, one from ebay, and one from mtbr. I have bought lots of swag and gear from my local dealer though.

I got new Specialized seats on all three of my bikes,06 Rival SL on my Stumpy FSR, 06Alias on the road bike, and new 07 Avatar gel on the cross bike. comfy indeed