Gravity Rides Everything

I think I'm gonna buy another stumpjumper instead of a 5-spot

cost will be lower. They spec the stumpjumper pro with X-0 shifters and XT disc brakes and cranks(exactly what I want). The brain fade thing is neat and I want it. it has a TALAS RLC.
    Every year I say "this is it, I'm gonna buy a turner or a titus" or something expensive like that, and every year specialized ups the ante with something new and cool and priced right where I want. So props to the big S. they keep me coming back. this will be FSR bike #3.

just like a speeder-bike
    Quote Originally Posted by endurowanker
    cost will be lower. They spec the stumpjumper pro with X-0 shifters and XT disc brakes and cranks(exactly what I want). The brain fade thing is neat and I want it. it has a TALAS RLC.
    Every year I say "this is it, I'm gonna buy a turner or a titus" or something expensive like that, and every year specialized ups the ante with something new and cool and priced right where I want. So props to the big S. they keep me coming back. this will be FSR bike #3.
    Yeah, this year's Pro spec is pretty much perfect. And they added the brain -- damn the big S for making me want to ditch my '05 Pro 120! (No can do -- gotta stick with this bike until it falls apart. I do think I'll have the Septune PUSHED in a while, when it's really in need of maintenance.)

Finally, for what it's worth, I actually think the Stumpy frame is a tad sexier than any turner or titus. Not that I wouldn't take the titus...

MDJ
    mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I with you. I was looking at the Turner as well...but the FSR Pro has everything I want. The only problem I have is that I'm running out of old toys to sell to finance the new bike. I used to be able to show my wife that I sold 2 old things (bikes, surfboard, snowboard, etc) and only bought one replacement. Maybe if I sell those old skis and my Enduro....

Gravity Rides Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by MDJ
    I with you. I was looking at the Turner as well...but the FSR Pro has everything I want. The only problem I have is that I'm running out of old toys to sell to finance the new bike. I used to be able to show my wife that I sold 2 old things (bikes, surfboard, snowboard, etc) and only bought one replacement. Maybe if I sell those old skis and my Enduro....

turner dropped the horst link too.

if i was convinced that they went to the TNT (essentially a faux bar design) for reasons of performance I'd be fine with it, but it sounds like it's just over a squabble with ellsworth.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by endurowanker
    Endo-wanker,

I too was totally planning on the 5-spot, until I went to the LBS...where they just got killer deals on some S-works SJ w/ the RLC talas fork...for $1600! He had an 04 (I think) 5spot w/ the Romic in stock, too. The sales mgr wouldn't come off of $1895 either. For about 2700, I'll have a totally respectable built bike...for about 800 or so less than the 5s.
    So, I'm on SJ #2. Sure, its got the septune, but really, at my level of riding, I can't imagine I'll be unhappy. I just need that extra inch of travel for what my style of riding has become.
    Keep us posted on the brain-fade deal.

JW
    Beer has food value. Food has no beer value.