mtbr member
    Jul 2012

I really like my stupid bike (Hardrock SS disc)

$220 on Craigslist. Frame looks like it was built from an anvil. Marzocchi Comp fork with a nice, um, blend of Tekro mech brake front and Hayes mag rear. Bike had been beat to hell and back. Godspeed (or similar) tensioner does the job. 46 x18 and I was worried about even getting out of the parking lot. Now, I am slamming everyone on the trail. No long steep climbs, but I can mash. My Rush is collecting dust. My Habanero ti frame is collecting dust. All I want to do is ride this overweight beast. Crazy!

FKA Malibu412
    48 X 18 ?? You're a monster or its really flat earth where you ride. Cool story.
    Everything that kills me, makes me feel alive

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    just a 46x18. no long sustained climbs, but i can mash at ~20 rpm. track stand practice comes in handy. that freakin bike just makes me smile for some unknown reason. one of these days i will weigh it, but that might scare me

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    46x18? Wow. Where do you live?
    MCH Co-Captain

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Another one where I get all excited to see this beast, and NO photo???

C'mmoooooonnnnnnnnn!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    To be honest - I love my full suss Cannondale Prophet and my riding buddy has a Hard Rock. If I was gonna get a hard tail, I'd get a Hard Rock too. I dont really care about weight -Ijust care about the fun of riding. I also always reccommend the rock.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Stumpy, I'll dust off a camera and post a pic. Just picture an anvil and there ya go. Head tube/top tube/down tube junction looks like it came off the Golden Gate Bridge.

Live in San Antonio, usually ride at McAllister Park. Not hilly and the longest climb is maybe 30 seconds. Lots of short power climbs, just stand and mash. Rode this morning with a fellow SSer spinning a 32x18. He's a 4 time Leadville 100 finisher, 5 times 24 hr solo at Rocky Hill Ranch. Oh yeah, he rides a SS rigid, always.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    All 30 lbs.....

Trail Rider
    Jun 2009
    That thing is a beast!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Rigid guy got me thinking. Going to put on a rigid fork to increase the pain. Crazy!