mtbr member
    Jul 2004

... and if we just ... I Call Him Beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

Iam just as proud as I can be of my creation that I call Beast. Its my epic that I put mavic speed city 700c wheels with stans rotors on along with Rotor Cranks and a Gravity Dropper. On the front at this time I have a Ritchey ZED 42c and a Maxiss Worm 42c on the back it just rips on all types of terrain. Its fully Brain activated Fox 100m X and Brain back about to get the fox fork pushed and get 07 new Epic frame. I use the Panaracer FireCross 1.85 and the Bontager 1.8 on the front for rough rides and yes its fits on my fox fork without any problems at all. On the back I use worm mostly along with WTB 38c wolfy and IRC Mythos semi slick 40c, having almost 4inches in the rear makes using these skinner tires not a problem my ride is still smooth I clear things that never did on my 26 rims. I live in SCal in Runnings 6300ft up about 8 miles from Big Bear Ca and ride nasty techy Super-D type conditions with my setup It weighs in at 25.6 pounds.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "It Is What It Is" Phil 4:13
    B-Ray Da Beast

1:18
    Have you tried bottoming the fork? I'm curious if it hits the tyre.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    It doesnt hit it even when doing 2 1/2 foot drops on it
    "It Is What It Is" Phil 4:13
    B-Ray Da Beast

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I would love to try that out. On the fence about getting a 29er. I think the big wheels look better but the spin weight ya know.... So the smaller tires should reduce that neg if they hold up to some roughness. Heck your jumping a little on them. Also brings up the BB a little which I seriously need. Does this apply to all specialized frames? Do you think this would work with the 07 models? How about on a XC FSR? I guess a better question is what is the radius measurement of the wheel and biggest tire combo your using? Thanks for the cool post. Keep us updated on the Beasts perfomance.