Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

I am never buying anything specialized again

Bike 1- P2 snaped the fork

Bike 2- Bighit bent the swing arm

Bike 3- fuse 1 BB got fried literaly just riding around, no jumping no nothing

Bike 4- Enduro Pro came with a ****ed up front wheel and year before fork and shifters

Bike 5- langster stock rear hub lockring threads exploded. I decided I needed to upgrade the rear hub to a profile so i called specialized to get the hub with, THE TECH GOT IT WRONG, what a retard. I am out 200$ for a profile hub that is to wide.

I am never buying a specialized product again, EVER. sh***y product, sh***y tech support.
    [SIZE="4"]Pump Tracks Are Rad!!!![/SIZE]

Pedal Power
    Aug 2006
    Too bad for you <3 Specialized. I hear they have some nice Mongoose bikes at Wal-Mart. You should go check those out.

mtbr member
    first- the fork on the p2... i dont think specialized makes those. warranty

second- bent bighit swing arm... warranty.

third- fuse 1 with the unexplained "fried" bb... i really dont know either... i guess you can just pedal really really really fast. but i think thats a warranty....

fourth- enduro sl. whoa, wait i know.......... warranty

fifth- hub width... that sucks, but are you trying to tell me you've never screwed something up? good for you. oh yeah, way to go and rip on the mentally challenged, it shows your maturity....

just dont forget this one word... WARRANTY

p.s. it really works, this warranty thing.

Pedal Power
    Aug 2006
    Lesson of the day, Warranty!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by santacruzvpfree89
    first- the fork on the p2... i dont think specialized makes those. warranty

second- bent bighit swing arm... warranty.

third- fuse 1 with the unexplained "fried" bb... i really dont know either... i guess you can just pedal really really really fast. but i think thats a warranty....

fourth- enduro sl. whoa, wait i know.......... warranty

fifth- hub width... that sucks, but are you trying to tell me you've never screwed something up? good for you. oh yeah, way to go and rip on the mentally challenged, it shows your maturity....

just dont forget this one word... WARRANTY

p.s. it really works, this warranty thing.
    The fuse BB started making a wierd metal on metal screatching sound, I rebiult it several time to no avail, got a new that helped for a few months then i sold it.

The enduro is not an SL its an 07 enduro pro, will warentee take back my 06 talas and my 06 X9 shifter and send me 07 stuff??? I don't think so, I was expecting an 07 bike with 07 parts, but I guess not.

The whole thing with the hub is not that they screwed up, I could care less about that. It's that fact that THERE SCREW UP set me back a fair bit of money and now im ****ED.

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    don't you work at a shop?

Texan
    Quote Originally Posted by themontashu

Bike 4- Enduro Pro came with a ****ed up front wheel and year before fork and shifters

Bike 5- langster stock rear hub lockring threads exploded. I decided I needed to upgrade the rear hub to a profile so i called specialized to get the hub with, THE TECH GOT IT WRONG, what a retard. I am out 200$ for a profile hub that is to wide.

I am never buying a specialized product again, EVER. shi**y product, shi**y tech support.
    Slick! Squeezed in some trash talk and got some bad words through the filters!

mtbr member
    I think that Santacruzvpfree has the right idea man.

-Don't blame a company that builds FRAMES for you getting a messed up fork, thats the fork manufacturers problem. And that is a warranty issue that Specialized would be more than happy to help you with.

-As far as the bighit goes, if what you were doing to the bike caused the swingarm to bend... let them know. Tell them what happened, what you were doing, and if it falls under warranty they'll fix it. Besides, don't you think Specialized would want to know just so that they can maybe work on making a so-called "weak link" stronger?

-As far as the Fuse goes, Well I'm sorry to say it, but the "just riding around" excuse is something that we get in bike shops every day when we see stuff that's obviously been abused. If you don't work in a shop and tried to rebuild your bb, it probably isn't covered under warranty because you technically aren't a "professional" mechanic... whatever that means. Regardless, you should have gone to your bike shop and explained the problem so they could warranty it, let them take care of it, thats what customer service is for.

-Its a real bummer about the hub. I really do feel for you there. BUT, when you spoke to the guy at Specialized, why the hell didn't you have him order up a new hub for you? It'd be the right size, and covered under warranty.

- As far as your Enduro goes, are you saying that you had a standard (Non SL) Enduro with 06 parts? Sounds like your bike shop swapped those parts on there hoping you wouldn't notice. Maybe someone at your shop has a nice and shiny 36 and new X9? Just an idea... either way you need to tell Specialized about this problem so they can cover it under warranty.

It seems like your problem is that you never tried to warranty ANYTHING you broke. Don't blame Specialized dude, it doesn't sound like there is a single problem with your frames... just the stock parts that came on the bikes, parts that were probably going to be upgraded in a couple months anyway. So here are your options. 1. Contact Specialized about warrantying your stuff. 2. Contact Specialized about warrantying your stuff. 3. Come on dude, do I have to say it a third time? Everyone else in this post is saying the same thing. You're not contacting Specialized about their warranty on their products makes all this sound quite a bit suspicious, I mean why else would you NOT take the initiative to have everything fixed for free?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by his dudeness
    I think that Santacruzvpfree has the right idea man.

-Don't blame a company that builds FRAMES for you getting a messed up fork, thats the fork manufacturers problem. And that is a warranty issue that Specialized would be more than happy to help you with.

-As far as the bighit goes, if what you were doing to the bike caused the swingarm to bend... let them know. Tell them what happened, what you were doing, and if it falls under warranty they'll fix it. Besides, don't you think Specialized would want to know just so that they can maybe work on making a so-called "weak link" stronger?

-As far as the Fuse goes, Well I'm sorry to say it, but the "just riding around" excuse is something that we get in bike shops every day when we see stuff that's obviously been abused. If you don't work in a shop and tried to rebuild your bb, it probably isn't covered under warranty because you technically aren't a "professional" mechanic... whatever that means. Regardless, you should have gone to your bike shop and explained the problem so they could warranty it, let them take care of it, thats what customer service is for.
    I have other bikes for jumping, literaly just took the bike back and forth to school and work

-Its a real bummer about the hub. I really do feel for you there. BUT, when you spoke to the guy at Specialized, why the hell didn't you have him order up a new hub for you? It'd be the right size, and covered under warranty.
    Find me some one at specialized that can order me profile hubs

I- As far as your Enduro goes, are you saying that you had a standard (Non SL) Enduro with 06 parts? Sounds like your bike shop swapped those parts on there hoping you wouldn't notice. Maybe someone at your shop has a nice and shiny 36 and new X9? Just an idea... either way you need to tell Specialized about this problem so they can cover it under warranty.
    Good thing i work at the shop and pulled it out off the box myself. Specialized used the excuse that it was a "carry over" from 06

It seems like your problem is that you never tried to warranty ANYTHING you broke. Don't blame Specialized dude, it doesn't sound like there is a single problem with your frames... just the stock parts that came on the bikes, parts that were probably going to be upgraded in a couple months anyway. So here are your options. 1. Contact Specialized about warrantying your stuff. 2. Contact Specialized about warrantying your stuff. 3. Come on dude, do I have to say it a third time? Everyone else in this post is saying the same thing. You're not contacting Specialized about their warranty on their products makes all this sound quite a bit suspicious, I mean why else would you NOT take the initiative to have everything fixed for free?
    I did warentee all that ****, thats not why I'm mad. I am mad because I got the wrong info from there service tech and now im SOL. My point with the warentee stuff is that I HAVE HAD TO DO IT SO MANY TIMES, that 5 bikes with 5 warentee issues.

mtbr member

I am never buying a specialized product again, EVER. shitty product, shitty tech support.
    1. Your fault.
    2. Your fault.
    3. Your fault.
    4. That's bad.
    5. That's annoying.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadian
    don't you work at a shop?
    yes i do

just ride
    so there brilliance.....

you work at a shop, but dont have the brains to measure dropout spacing?

what shop do you work for?
    MTBR Disclaimer: I work for Salsa Cycles
    Ride: www.chequamegon100.com

mtbr member
    Dude, I warrantied the stock seat on my Stumpy FSR because the padding broke down. Oh, and I warrantied a saddle bag because the seam started falling apart at the zipper. My shop checked out my Triad when I thought it was failing, along with other stuff. For me, Specialized and my shop have been fantastic, and it seems pretty typical of most people.

Oh, and I've gone through 5 tires under the guarantee, so that's been pretty cool.
    1997 Specialized Stumpy Pro
    1998 Specialized Allez Epic
    2007 Specialized Stumpy FSR Elite
    2010 Specialized Roubaix Expert

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chequamagon
    so there brilliance.....

you work at a shop, but dont have the brains to measure dropout spacing?

what shop do you work for?
    Good thing I didn't have the bike when I ordered the hub

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Student Driver
    Dude, I warrantied the stock seat on my Stumpy FSR because the padding broke down. Oh, and I warrantied a saddle bag because the seam started falling apart at the zipper. My shop checked out my Triad when I thought it was failing, along with other stuff. For me, Specialized and my shop have been fantastic, and it seems pretty typical of most people.

Oh, and I've gone through 5 tires under the guarantee, so that's been pretty cool.
    what part of THEY COVERED THE STUFF UNDER WARENTEE do you not understand. (exept for the fork and shifter) its the fact that 5 OF 5 BIKES have had issues, AND i got screwed with the hub.

banned
    what part of THEY COVERED THE STUFF UNDER WARENTEE do you not understand. (exept for the fork and shifter) its the fact that 5 OF 5 BIKES have had issues, AND i got screwed with the hub.
    Please do not let this thread degenerate into a flame-fest

mtbr member
    I'm glad you won't be riding Specialized again, take your whining to another brand and see if you get the same kind of warranty service and respect. As for the hub, come on a forum and complain about it, instead of taking responsibility for you not taking the time to get the right measurement yourself.

And for a young kid like yourself, how many bikes does daddy need to buy you so your happy ?
    08 Stumpjumper comp HT
    07 Langster
    05 Hardrock sport

All rocking ONE gear

just ride
    Good thing I didn't have the bike when I ordered the hub
    then try waiting till you do mr whiny pants.
    MTBR Disclaimer: I work for Salsa Cycles
    Ride: www.chequamegon100.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chequamagon
    then try waiting till you do mr whiny pants.
    Because I figured the guy who WORKS FOR SPECIALIZED and who's job it is to know what stuff would know. Specialized pays there techs to know that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectpint
    I'm glad you won't be riding Specialized again, take your whining to another brand and see if you get the same kind of warranty service and respect. As for the hub, come on a forum and complain about it, instead of taking responsibility for you not taking the time to get the right measurement yourself.

And for a young kid like yourself, how many bikes does daddy need to buy you so your happy ?
    I may be alot of things but spoiled is NOT one of them, I got 1 thing for Christmas last year, bed sheets, and for my 18th birthday I got NOTHING.

mtbr member
    Hey man that sucks that you have had bad experiences with Spesh. It happens. Instead of a trying to stir drama here, why don't you get positive about what you're going to buy next?

I wish I had some fancy mountain bike when I was a kid. I rode my steel walmart mongoose like it was going out of style. You want to complain about stuff on bikes breaking...

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial
    Hey man that sucks that you have had bad experiences with Spesh. It happens. Instead of a trying to stir drama here, why don't you get positive about what you're going to buy next?

I wish I had some fancy mountain bike when I was a kid. I rode my steel walmart mongoose like it was going out of style. You want to complain about stuff on bikes breaking...
    All bikes break....Just be glad that Specialized has one of the better warranties in the biking business...They didn't get to be as big as they are without great CS....I have a Specialized Enduro, A Moto-lite and an IndyFab....All three are great bikes and have great warranties..If one of them broke suddenly, I would just take it to my LBS for warranty repair knowing that it would be taken care of... Then I would come here, not to complain but to acknowledge the great customer service that I know I would receive

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE JONES
    All bikes break....Just be glad that Specialized has one of the better warranties in the biking business...They didn't get to be as big as they are without great CS....I have a Specialized Enduro, A Moto-lite and an IndyFab....All three are great bikes and have great warranties..If one of them broke suddenly, I would just take it to my LBS for warranty repair knowing that it would be taken care of... Then I would come here, not to complain but to acknowledge the great customer service that I know I would receive
    There is something to be said for good service, but come on dude ALL of my bikes have had warentee issues. There is a point where it just gets to be too much. My enduro got pulled out of the box and had the front wheel messed with. (31 DT nipples and 1 wheelsmith) AND even if stuff does break it still sucks, I'm out of said bike for X amount of time. It is even worse with the fixie being that its my main mode of transportation.

I understand that I am being a bit whiny about this but I'm out a bunch of money for a mistake that, yes could have been solved if I had the bike with me. That being said I called the guys WHOS JOB IT IS TO KNOW THAT INFORMATION and he got it wrong HIS MISTAKE (as well as me being impatient) set me out the money. Bottom line is though I am screwed for the hub because the person whos job it is to know the width of the frame.

Just Wanna Ride!
    Feb 2004
    You can't blame damaged parts on a frame manufacturer. The stuff broke and they swapped it out. They didn't even make the parts and still covered it.

I can't imagine what else you would want them to do for you.

You've got to take responsibility for the hub. Besides - just because you order a hub in the wrong size doesn't mean you own it. Why didn't you just send it back to get the right size. If it came from Quality they would take it back, give the shop credit and send you a new hub in about 2 days time.

Sounds really suspicious - like you're making the stuff up. Can't imagine a bike shop guy not getting his own stuff taken care of. The reps go out of their way to take care of shop guys so they have good things to say about the product.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sthrnfat
    You can't blame damaged parts on a frame manufacturer. The stuff broke and they swapped it out. They didn't even make the parts and still covered it.

I can't imagine what else you would want them to do for you.

You've got to take responsibility for the hub. Besides - just because you order a hub in the wrong size doesn't mean you own it. Why didn't you just send it back to get the right size. If it came from Quality they would take it back, give the shop credit and send you a new hub in about 2 days time.

Sounds really suspicious - like you're making the stuff up. Can't imagine a bike shop guy not getting his own stuff taken care of. The reps go out of their way to take care of shop guys so they have good things to say about the product.
    I ordered the hub direct from profile, I need to call them tomaro and see if they will take it back.

IT IS THE PERSONS JOB AT SPECIALIZED TO KNOW THAT STUFF. THAT IS WHY I CALLED HIM TO ASK. SPECIALIZED PAYS SOME ONE IN THE TECH DEPARTMENT TO KNOW THAT STUFF, YES I SHOULD HAVE CHECKED, BUT SOME ONE DID HIS JOB WRONG. THE REP EVEN ADMITED THIS!!!!!!!!!!! Say you go to a hardware store and ask the guy what saw blade to get for a skill saw and he tells you to get the wrong one. Yes it is partialy your fault for not looking into it more (conveniently specialized does not list hub spacing on there site) The bottom line is the guy at the hardware store did not do his job correctly. END OF STORY

mtbr member
    yes i do
    should probably invest in some calipers.

--edit--

nevermind, you didn't have the bike.

annoying? yes. reason for a juvenile rant? nah. you work at a shop and get **** cheap. quit *****ing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast