mtbr member

How well do Specialized tires work with Stans on a UST rim

LIke the enduro tire. I've switched to UST wheels and want to use up my Enduro stash. Do they bubble or delaminate?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I have a pair of 2bliss storm control and captain 2bliss control tires each on a set of mavic ust rims with stan's. No problems at all. Great setup, no flats, no bubbling, no delamination (yet, had the setup for about 8 months), and no burping. Run my tires around 25-28 psi and I'm 230 pounds.

I had less luck with my old resolution pro (non-2bliss) tires. To many microholes for the sealant to fill all them and keep them filled. The titre would only hold air for one ride, or loose pressure during the ride. I've read similar complaints about the s works (non-2biss) level tires as well.

Try one tire and see how it goes. Best of luck.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    i have no problems using the 2bless specialized tires with stans in them -----the work great !!!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I am running both the old UST 2bliss Enduro and an Eskar with stans on a DT 5.1 UST (conversion kit). No problems whatsoever...They haven't been on that long, but I am a research junkie and nary came across a report of delamination with the Specialized tires (funny, given that they are reportedly made by Kenda, which is notorious for delamination).
    The only problems in general that I read about were the sidewall holes on the S-Works versions of the newer 2bliss (non-ust) tires.

mtbr member
    So basically a 2Bliss is OK but the regular type that I have will not work too well because they have too many holes.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gticlay
    So basically a 2Bliss is OK but the regular type that I have will not work too well because they have too many holes.
    IDK about the old non-UST/2bliss ones...sorry. I just know that the SWORKS 2bliss ones are holy.

Come on, dare me!
    I'm currently running an Adrenaline/Resolution Pro 2.0 (not 2Bliss) in front of my FS with Mavic SLRs and Stan's. It took around 10 hours of riding to seal it well, but now, it behaves like a tubeless-ready tire - no leaks, no burps. I'm running it around 30 psi for my 160 lb źdry╗ body weight.

Jerome

mtbr member
    I have the same question, I got my Stans ZTR olympic wheels finished today and am thinking of putting the Captain 2bliss on, they look like a rockin tire and wanted to give em a try. There arnt any reviews in the review section, how you guys and girls like them? Are the 2Bliss like a UST? Are they a true Tubeless tire?