Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22

    How strong is an Enduro frame?

    How strong would you say the frame of an Enduro would be on a scale of 1 (weak) to 10 (strong).
    Mainly talking about the 2008/2009 model frame, but I'm still interested on current model too if you have an opinion.

    I'm trying to gauge how much abuse my bike can take and what to steer clear of.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    197
    10. Unless you are attempting 100 ft. drops, you should be fine.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dirttrackin280h's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    127
    I don't know but my 11' has taken quite a beating with absolutely no problems besides breaking a couple spokes on the rear rim (but that's given). I would rate it pretty high on the scale. Not sure about earlier years but the 10'-12' are strong bikes from my experience.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    128
    U should worry more on how strong are the wheels first , then strength of the suspension and lastly the frame . Is the flow of impact tat matters.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Locksley View Post
    U should worry more on how strong are the wheels first , then strength of the suspension and lastly the frame . Is the flow of impact tat matters.
    I see your point, but the thread is about the strength of the frame, not which piece will buckle first.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by igiantsquid View Post
    I see your point, but the thread is about the strength of the frame, not which piece will buckle first.
    His comment shows that the strength of the frame is high enough that you need to worry about other parts first. If you are going to ask a question in this forum, be prepared to get all kinds of answers. Don't get sassy just because it is not a black and white answer.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronpass View Post
    His comment shows that the strength of the frame is high enough that you need to worry about other parts first. If you are going to ask a question in this forum, be prepared to get all kinds of answers. Don't get sassy just because it is not a black and white answer.
    His comment doesn't answer the question and is instead a presumption that an answer he thinks needs giving.

    Keeping the subject on subject is not getting sassy, just a filter.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by igiantsquid View Post
    His comment doesn't answer the question and is instead a presumption that an answer he thinks needs giving.

    Keeping the subject on subject is not getting sassy, just a filter.
    That was his form of answering the question, it was not off topic at all.

    Frames these days are built to withstand a whole lot. If you are genuinely concerned about riding it hard enough that the frame would break, I would contact the manufacture. As you should be sponsored by them, if you are going big enough to be breaking the frame.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8
    It is a class 4 out of 5 bike so an 8.


    specialized.site
    /collateral/ownersguide/new/assets/pdf/2012-Bicycle-Owner-s-Manual-Appendix.pdf

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •