mtbr member
    Dec 2005

how should I set the rebound speed on a 04 epic?

I know this thread may not be in this category! but it's about a Specialized

How should I set the rebound speed on a 04 epic? i mean in the brain shock!

the thing is that I know it's a personal preference, but I want to know what's the benefit of setting it slow or setting it fast, i mostly ride fast, I'm not a heavy rider, can you help me?

ps sorry for the terrible english!

H.E.R
    Mar 2007
    If you set the rebound to slow the shock will not be able to soak up the next bump it hits.If you set it up to fast the shock can actually throw you off the bike or cause you to crash. I know from experience Had the both front and rear shocks set up to fast. It takes a while to find whats right for you.

mtbr member

Hope this helps

Basicly,
    Fast = more downhill control
    Slow = more comfort over long distance and when sitting in the saddle.

If you need more control in the downhill, set it fast. The tire contact patch can keep contact with the ground longer, the more that the tire is in contact with the ground the more control you have. The fast rebound allows the the shock to respond to the upside of the rocks and the downside of each rock. Keeping the tire touching the rocks. This applies mostly when you are going fast. Try it, when you get to a downhill set all rebounds front and rear all the way fast. You will be able to feel what i'm trying to explain.

A couple of problems with a fast rebound setting is bucking. If you sit through a roller, it will buck. Also fast can rebound can feel springy.

So, set is fast as comfortably possible.

Hope this helps

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Good job!

Thanks a lot!

i had no idea!

i will follow your replies!

bike!