Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

How does your Enduro SL ride in the Road

523 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  CSPRINGS 
#1 ·
Hi,

Well, next year I'm going to work at a bike shop which means massive discount on parts and frames, so I'm going to start building up an Enduro SL. Seeing as how pedaling efficiency can't get worse from now to then, how does your Enduro SL pedal in the road? Does it bob a lot? Can you get videos?

Thanks

#2 ·
I just bought the Comp 2-3 weeks ago and was amazed on my last ride at how it DOES NOT BOB at all on the road.
I am also 6'3 250 lbs. The more I ride this bike the more is amazes me. This kind of plush suspension and at this weight!
THIS BIKE IS SICK, I LOVE IT TOTALLY........

#4 ·
Horst links really don't bob...

as designed the pedalling and braking forces do not translate to rear wheel movement - hence the neutral suspension design.

Bobbing should be replaced with the term neutral suspension. Un-neutral suspension designs translate crank power into rear wheel vertical movement - this is Unneutral Suspension (bobbing). Even Neutral Suspensions will bob due to ones inability to spin smooth circles with their leg pistons. So bobbing is due to two things: Unneutral suspension and/or NOT spinning smooth circles. The only design that absolutely does not bob is a hardtail - if the air pressure is high enough.

I have ridden behind many a bob-less bikes from VPP, single pivot with platform, and even horst linkage bikes. They can all bob. Honking on the handlebars makes all duallies bob as well.

Host linkage is the most neutral design for duallies. All the other designs are attempts to mimic a good horst linkage design.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.