mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Hi lo disc front hub 9mm to 20mm

Is that possible? I just bought 2011 stumpy comp carbon and it came with 9mm front hub, and i would love to use my fork ith it but its 20mm maxle so no go with this wheel unless i canconvert, which seems like with right caps it would be possible.

By any chance does anyone know if its possible?

mtbr member

Want the same thing so I design it.

I wanted to do the same thing but specialized said they don't make a kit for it. They list a right side end cap but that is it. Talking with the local shop that called their customer service, they found out that specialized sees that wheel as xc oriented and doesn't make a 20mm conversion. I designed a kit with right, left end caps and a spacer and am testing the waters to see if there is any interest in purchasing such an item. See the drawing below. The hub currently comes set up with 6704 bearing which has a 20mm ID so the design intent of the hub is there. Let me know what you think of the kit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Looks very interesting. Do you have any for sale? What is the cost?

mtbr member
    I'm currently in the process of making a set up to check fitment, ease of installation, etc. I need to determine the time spent in fabrication, and if I had enough interest I would pay a shop to program them into a CNC lathe and spit out a whole bunch reducing the cost. I should have a set finished next week or shortly there after and I can get you more solid details. Just as a preliminary guess I would say, to be competitive with other end cap and axle conversion prices, i.e. hope, chris king, etc, the price would be somewhere between $40 and $60.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Cool, keep me updated

mtbr member
    I got the parts made and it worked out quite well. I can send you pics of the caps and the center cylinder and give you some instruction on install. Send me your email and I will send the pics. I would upload here but it limits the size of file. You can pm me your email.