mtbr member

New question here. Enduro 150 owners - pivot bearings holding up?

hi there Enduro 150 owners. I'm thinking about one and am curious is there's been pivot bearing durability problems like in the past with the 130...those sounded very frustrating.

Any other quirks to report would be of interest too (I know about the unfortunate 5th element frustrations).

Thanks,
    -kcavt
    Last edited by kcavtca; 07-16-2005 at 03:57 PM.

mtbr member

all quiet

I have put in over 600 km of offroad riding on a 150. this includes a lot of big climbs which can stress pivots (and riders). so far the rear pivots are tight and have not squeaked. one problem is the cable routing to rear mech - not the most optimim for primo shifts. i'm running lo pro pedals which are great for grip - but have developed play.
    enduro 150 is a porky bike, but comes into it's own when on hills (that includes tech climbing).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by onyabike
    I have put in over 600 km of offroad riding on a 150. this includes a lot of big climbs which can stress pivots (and riders). so far the rear pivots are tight and have not squeaked. one problem is the cable routing to rear mech - not the most optimim for primo shifts. i'm running lo pro pedals which are great for grip - but have developed play.
    enduro 150 is a porky bike, but comes into it's own when on hills (that includes tech climbing).
    Thanks onyabike. I haven't seen bearing complaints elsewhere, so maybe they fiiiinally got this part right.
    I test rode a Pro and found it a bit piggy too handling wise, but it wasn't in the steep angled set-up (maybe you're referring more to the weight). Do you ride in the steep or slack configuration? Also, how's your 36 holding up?

Thanks,
    kcavt

mtbr member

steep is good

Enduro 150 seems to like the steeper trails - right up to the light freeride stuff. I use in the slack headangle setting, which is good for most things i do. havn't noticed any nasty habits in handling department. a good solid all-mountain bike is what it is. just a bit of a handfull on flat and flicky trails (gotta have those forks wound down), but it's all hills where i'm at anyhow. the xtra weight is probably worth it in the long run (hopefully durable). not using 36 forx as there were to many holdups with production when i was looking. nixon fork on mine, seems ok.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by onyabike
    Enduro 150 seems to like the steeper trails - right up to the light freeride stuff. I use in the slack headangle setting, which is good for most things i do. havn't noticed any nasty habits in handling department. a good solid all-mountain bike is what it is. just a bit of a handfull on flat and flicky trails (gotta have those forks wound down), but it's all hills where i'm at anyhow. the xtra weight is probably worth it in the long run (hopefully durable). not using 36 forx as there were to many holdups with production when i was looking. nixon fork on mine, seems ok.
    I agree on the fork wind down. It keeps that sporty feel in the twisties which are what I love riding more than almost anything. That's what I see as the beauty of the Enduro - that it can also handle the sketchy steeps as well as most anything. I'm looking for that steeper angle because my old bike has scary steep angles ('93 M2 ), so going to 68 HA would be just a bit weird...maybe later, but the steep angle is a selling point for me.