Riding in North VA

Good job! Here's a short movie of me riding at a bike park in Colombia on my 2011 SJ Elite.

This is a short movie I shot with my GoPro Hero at 720p while riding my 2011 FSR SJ Elite in a very cool bike park in Chia, Colombia (15 north of the capital Bogota).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHBH5U0f-Fs
    MTBing in Colombia with my 2011 FSR Stumpjumper Elite

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Nice well edited video man. My vote is for the chest strap view for future vids. That always seems to give a great wide view of the trail ahead and of your bars and fork. Were those some freeride features your rode under about 1/2 way thru?
    Rock the disco!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Great vid. Looks like a nice place to ride too.
    R

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Enjoyed the video . Are you pleased with how your SJ performs? Also, what camera did you use to film the video? Thanks...

Feb 2010
    Nice vid and good selection in music...although i would of picked a remix by anyone other than Guetta, lol! I'm going to take a wild guess that you were playing that track on your MP3 player when you were riding, right?!?! Dope bike btw!!

Riding in North VA

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by TJM0031
    Nice well edited video man. My vote is for the chest strap view for future vids. That always seems to give a great wide view of the trail ahead and of your bars and fork. Were those some freeride features your rode under about 1/2 way thru?
    Rock the disco!
    That was the GoPro chest strap I used. I only used the handle bar mount for the front fork, face and rear wheel shots. Yes that was a bridge used for the down hill guys and although I can make it with my SJ I haven't felt the need to go crazy like that.

Riding in North VA
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDW
    Enjoyed the video . Are you pleased with how your SJ performs? Also, what camera did you use to film the video? Thanks...
    The 2011 SJ Elite ROCKS. It does everything well, climb, down hill, comfort, look....

I used the GoPro Hero 960 set to 720p, bad ass little camera for $180.

Riding in North VA
    Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite
    Nice vid and good selection in music...although i would of picked a remix by anyone other than Guetta, lol! I'm going to take a wild guess that you were playing that track on your MP3 player when you were riding, right?!?! Dope bike btw!!
    Guetta and Tiesto are my favorite DJ's hell my gym time (6 hours a week) depends on them, but that was Puerto Rican DJ Robbie Rivera.

Although I wasn't using my iPod while filming I do use it most of the time, how else can I make some of those drops

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    So that's what it looks like from your third eye!!! Nice!

Riding in North VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Velosoxraptor
    So that's what it looks like from your third eye!!! Nice!
    You mean the rear shot ? Only if I din't have Mexican the night before

mtbr member
    Awsome video I love the music and quality is good. I love the 2011 elite also, im looking into one but I cant decide between that bike and the 2011 carbon comp.

Riding in North VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisyfz
    Awsome video I love the music and quality is good. I love the 2011 elite also, im looking into one but I cant decide between that bike and the 2011 carbon comp.
    I love my Elite. The Comp Carbon looks awesome but I personally don't think the carbon frame WITHOUT Brain is worth $400 extra. The Brain rocks. I can feel how the Brain locks and opens as needed and I can see how it totally helps my ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by APO.Guy
    I love my Elite. The Comp Carbon looks awesome but I personally don't think the carbon frame WITHOUT Brain is worth $400 extra. The Brain rocks. I can feel how the Brain locks and opens as needed and I can see how it totally helps my ride.
    Yea it makes sense... I actually just made a thread on the "Bike and Frame Discussion" section to see if I can get more opinions on the two bikes. Although as of right now I am leaning towards the Elite since it does have one of my favorite color combos lol.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by APO.Guy
    That is my next bike in like a year and a half. I cannot wait that long! Of course i will have to get the talas fork once i get this but other than that, the bike is awesome! I got to test ride the sj expert 2010 with the talas and now i have my sights set on getting that 2011 elite with the lime and black colors. I am glad you are enjoying your bike, i know i will one day.