mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Help with my FSR XC '05 (new to sport)

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Hello All,
    I have been riding this bike for about a year and I feel like the fork, rear shock, and brakes need to be replaced.

I have the manitou axel fork and I think its a piece. Can I get some fork recomendations that are sub $150?

I am aware that most newer forks will need disc brakes, what is a effective cheap solution to that problem?

Thanks people,
    Ry

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Oh,
    I weigh about 175.
    Thanks,

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blueox01
    Hello All,
    I have been riding this bike for about a year and I feel like the fork, rear shock, and brakes need to be replaced.

I have the manitou axel fork and I think its a piece. Can I get some fork recomendations that are sub $150?

I am aware that most newer forks will need disc brakes, what is a effective cheap solution to that problem?

Thanks people,
    Ry
    At that price range I would get a rockshox dart2 [or 3].....

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    You probably just need to service your shock and fork. New seals, oil, lube. I've never ridden that fork, but a nice replacement would be a Rockshox Tora, what comes on the new fsrxc. New is $300 give or take. Disc brakes would also make a big difference, a good choice would be the avid bb-7. Check out the reviews. They would work with your stock levers. Hopefully your wheelset is disc ready. They run about $50-60 per wheel. It's about time for the new parts to come out so check the online stores for a good deal on a fork, and read reviews on mtbr.com.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Jensonusa.com has a tora for 215.