Big Hittin'

Help with my Fox RP2 BV on my Enduro

got a 2010 enduro expert. came with a fox RP2 w/ Boost Valve. i am trying to set up my sag correctly.

does the boost valve versions require more air than the standard rp2?

im about 180-190 lbs. does anyone know the correct pressure to set the shock to?

i put in about 200psi, but its still sagging about 33%. should i add more?

anyone with rp2bv or enduro experience please chime in. thanks.
    29er's are Goofy

Big Hittin'
    i found this online.

i belive the 2010 RP2BV was made custom for the enduro, hense thers not too much info on it (and its not listed in the chart).

should i just go with the setting for the RP23BV. i recall somone saying on a unrelated post that the boost valve shox require more air but im not sure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help with my Fox RP2 BV on my Enduro-picture-4.png  

29er's are Goofy

I'm with stupid
    Depends on how much sag you want. i run 210 and weight 180 on my rp23BV and end up with right about in the middle of the sag o meter

Big Hittin'
    well shoudnt it be at about 25% on the sagometer?
    Last edited by nokfir2; 11-28-2010 at 07:57 PM.
    29er's are Goofy

The Unaffiliated
    Oct 2009
    I weigh about 200lbs and run 240psi on my 2010 RP2 with Boost Valve. The sag is between 25% and 30%.

EDIT: It seems like I can add or subtract quite a bit of air and get very similar sag. My 240psi setting is based on feel during riding, not sag setting.

my church is the woods
    I have the 2010 enduro expert with RP2-BV shock on it. I am 170 lbs geared up to ride, and I've just recently got the shock set up to my liking. I started by measuring sag with a metric ruler on the shaft, sitting and checking for 12-14mm to the o-ring. I started at 160 psi, got 14mm sag, but the ride was still mushy and wallowed at times. I've added 10-15 psi every weekend for the past month, and it's felt better to where I rode yesterday with 210 psi, still getting 12-13mm sag, and peddled much better, and still got full travel. I also noticied I had less pedal to rock strikes, but that could be my awareness of that issue.

to the OP; with your weight of ~185, I would try around 230+ in the shock and see how that works for you.

Big Hittin'
    i put in about 230 last night in the garage. sat on it and sagometer reading was about 25%. hadnt got a chance to ride it yet tho. felt alil stiff, im gunna have to try it out.

when i rode it the first day i had way to many pedal rock strikes, not good.

will i still get full travel and plush feeling with 230 psi?
    29er's are Goofy

Big Hittin'
    anyone have some experience with this shock?
    29er's are Goofy

my church is the woods
    230 in the shock should be about right. Best bet is to take it for a ride and see for yourself if your getting full travel.

The Unaffiliated
    Oct 2009
    The guy at a speccy demo day told me to set it up so it felt pretty good, then add 5 psi. It seems to behave the best with just a little extra pressure.

As for pedal strikes, the bottom bracket is a little low, which I LOVE for everything but uphill, rocky, climbs where it can get a little annoying. Run tough pedals and work on your timing. I used to hit my pedals much more than I do now. The trade off for the lower center of gravity is well worth it in my opinion.