mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Help me identify this Specialized Enduro

Can you help me identify what year and type this Specialzed Enduro is. A friend of a friend wants to sell this bike to me and this is the only picture she had. I'm trying to figure out if it's even worth going over to look at it. Can you tell what year it is based on color or style of the frame. It's a Specialized Enduro but I'm trying to determine which component group etc... I belive it's a large frame and it's got some accessories on it. Pic of bike

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28903237@N06/2696041120/
    Last edited by GEOS; 07-23-2008 at 08:04 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Something's wrong with your post - pic not show up.

I viewed it from another window though and I'd say that's a circa 02-04 Enduro. I bigger pic will certianly help decipher the componentry.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I think that the year model is correct but other than that it's tough to say anything else w/o guessing.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    looks like an 02 by looking at the color.

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkM...005&spid=20834

mtbr member
    its the 02 enduro (lower model)

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    It does look like the 02 FSR lower end modle. What would something like this go for used considering it's in great condition. It doesn't look look like it's been on the trails much. It still in stock trim.

mtbr member
    I bought an 02 Enduro FSR Comp (one level up from this one) last year for $700. A check on ebay shows 2004 versions with better components going in the $800ish range

mtbr member
    How much does she want for it? $400 - 500 is a reasonable range for that bike, I'd think. It was $1600 new and has good reviews here.

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/older-catego...4_1493crx.aspx

Not to be chauvinistic, but 99% of the "she" bike owners I know do not abuse their bikes, except perhaps by lack of maintenance. Unless the bike has some glaring red flag problems, it looks like a clean example of a nice trail bike that can take a moderate beating. Note the rearview mirror, commuter tires and "Here's what you need to go with your new bike" bar ends and seat bag. Unless your friend is a real thrasher or completely neglected maintenance, it looks like it was an around-town bike and is probably in great shape.

I loved my 2003 Enduro Expert (same frame design with higher end components) and would still be riding it if not for the great deal I got on a 2008 Pitch.

If you can get a screaming deal from her, the bike has a lot of potential. By adding a slightly larger, platform-equipped shock, a longer travel fork and a 185 or 203mm front rotor, you can make it more of a trail / all-mountain bike and less of a burly XC bike, which is essentially what it is in its current form. It will never be a freeride sled, but it's a tough frame for all-around riding. Here's a good thread on potential upgrades for the early 90's Enduro.

04 enduro 6" link upgrade???