mtbr member

Help me choose! Pitch Pro or Santa Cruz Butcher

I'm looking for a new all mountain bike, dont have much money... about 2400 or 2800 usd. this two bikes fit my money, but what you recomend!? Thanks for the Help

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Pitch pro. From what I have read both bikes you can't go wrong with, but the Pitch Pro gets the vote. I was looking and ready to buy one until I found out all the bike shops around me were sold out and nothing was coming in for 2012.

So, I did the next best thing. I bought the bike I originally wanted, 2011 enduro comp on sale for 2300.00.

I am stoked !!! look around, with that budget you can get more bike. shops are dropping prices a little to move inventory. do your homework. Good luck !!!

mtbr member
    Thanks, im gonna looking forward for a great bike and taking more options, i really love the spects of the butcher but i'll do my homework!

in a few weeks tell you the end of the story

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    hi
    wanna know if pitch & butcher play in the same playground? that means if they are AM or enduro or FR. if both bike do have the same equipment, do you think one is better than other one?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    In my bias opinion, if you are buying a Santa Cruz and it is not using the flagship vpp suspension, you are selling yourself short.

Budget is a factor, but is worth saving for.

I thought the pitch was okay. At times it feel like I m dragging an anchor behind me

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Pitch Pro, an all around great package. Fsr will handle everything much better than the single pivot on the butcher. Santa Cruz is no longer made in the usa so I cant even give them points for that anymore.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

dontcha?
    Take a look at the '12 Stumpy EVO comp as well, it's the replacement for the Pitch.. It tends to blur the lines of trail bike/all mountain.. wouldn't consider it a freeride bike, but I consider a freeride bike 7"+ of travel(Think sx trail, big hit, driver 8, etc)
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

mtbr member
    I own a 2011 Pitch Pro and love it but I am considering switching over to a 2012 Stump Evo. I hope to build up a slightly lighter bike and like the fact that the front-center dimension of the bike is about an inch shorter compared to the Pitch. The Pitch rides great but sometimes I feel I sit way too far behind the front wheel and its been a little hard to get used to thrusting myself forward in the corners.

My friend has a Butcher and the ride is completely different. I believe it has longer chain stays and a much shorter front - center so you are positioned closer to the middle of the bike. On the steep stuff it feels a little sketchy compared to the Specialized but through the corners and climbs the geo feels great. I will say that the FSR system reacts better under climbing than the Butcher, but that is a completely different topic.