Thread: help me

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

help me

just got the bike back from the not so local bike shop. she had a full service forks, rear shock and all the rear linkage. BUT STILL CREAKING. I know it needs a new bottom bracket but that cant be it as it does it when im not pedaling with no weight on the pedals. Definatly not the seatpost as ive ridden without it to check. The only thing i can think of is the rear bush on the shock. but surley they would have changed this as i said could they check for creak. Some one please come up with some ideas as im well pis sed of.
    will phone the bike shop tomorrow and see what they say. the crap thing it is an hour away!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

bearings

Check the bearings yourself, I had a creak that was caused by bearings. Just remove the linkages and spin the bearings with you fingers, you'll know soon enough if one is stuffed.

I've never heard of a worn rear bushing causing a creaking noise (of course that doesn't really mean anything), is there any play in the bush? if so definiitely get it replaced.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

I had the same problem with my S-Works Enduro....

After several visits to the LBS and no resolution, we found it to be that the master pivot was not tightened enough....while pretty tight, it was not tightened to spec with enough torque. The shop called Specialized and found that they needed to tighten it quite a bit more. Now, no creaking, and I'm one happy rider.

Quote Originally Posted by whippet
    Check the bearings yourself, I had a creak that was caused by bearings. Just remove the linkages and spin the bearings with you fingers, you'll know soon enough if one is stuffed.

I've never heard of a worn rear bushing causing a creaking noise (of course that doesn't really mean anything), is there any play in the bush? if so definiitely get it replaced.