Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Becky Thatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004

    ... and if we just ... HELP! I have leftover parts!

    I bought a new '03 Enduro frame (it's a beauty) and I have assembled it with the exception of the bag of parts that hung on the seatstay. One is a pad for the shock. The ty-wrap must be used to attach the piece with the ty-wrap channel but where does that go? The two capscrews I have no idea where they go. And what is that strange piece that looks like it would go on the seatpost?
    I have attached pictures and any help is appreciated.

    Pictures are:
    Parts in bag.
    Parts by themselves.

    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Walter, the chinaman who peed on my rug, I can't go give him a bill!"

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I can help you with a couple of the of the rubber pieces is for your shock to protect it from the seat post from dropping on it. The other rubber piece is for a Shimano derailleur. You use the zip tie to wrapm around it. I will see if I can find a link for the Shimano instructions.

  3. #3
    sadly, like the element
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    The roundish hard rubber thing is a bumper for the shock body, you place it where the shock could potentially during compression run into the seat post below the seat-tube. The hard rubber thing with the grove in it is used in conjunction with the given zip-tie as a rear deraileur bumper stop, you place it on the top of the part that connects to the chain tensioner so that when it's banging around it bangs the stopper into the chainstay instead of the metal of the deraileur.

    As for the two screws and that metal collar, it looks like a non quickrelease seat collar with a screw hole for mounting a water bottle holder to the back of the seat post. Check if your current seat collar has a threaded extension facing the rear of the bike like the one found on that collar. If it does then my assumption is correct. The two screws go into the water bottle mounts on the bike's downtube if not already installed and are otherwise spares or for that potential seat post water bottle mount.

    Blast, I am second!
    Last edited by Leadghost; 09-04-2005 at 04:29 PM.

  4. #4
    More pie please
    Reputation: Skyline35's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005

    Rubber Derailleur Guard

    Technical Bulletin below. (Mine wasn't installed by the dealer, I had to ask for it.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #5
    grumpy northerner
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The seatpost clamp thing and bolts are for mounting a bottle cage to your seatpost (since the only other place the Enduro has bottle cage bolts is under the downtube). You'll find the back of the stock seat clamp has a bolt hole, too.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Becky Thatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004

    Thanks for the information! N/M

    "Walter, the chinaman who peed on my rug, I can't go give him a bill!"

Similar Threads

  1. New frame/old parts -or- Old frame/new parts?
    By SMOKEY in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 09:31 AM
  2. road-mtn bike parts interchangeability?
    By mikeee in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2004, 10:35 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 01:32 PM
  4. have $500 for replacement parts need advice please.
    By gspin2k1 in forum Clydesdales/Tall Riders
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 11:34 AM
  5. FS frames, warranties, and parts
    By tube_ee in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-16-2004, 11:34 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts



VISIT US AT and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.