mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Help on 09 Stumpy elite

Hi, I'm thinking about buying this 09 stumpy elite from a man in the east bay of CA. The bike is in the green and black demo color. He is selling it for $1250, is that a reasonable price and are there any issues with the 09 stumpy elite?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

... and if we just ...

Mate, that's a sweet bike! I've got an '09 fsr elite, and I tell you what, these bikes are a tonne of fun to ride! Every ride, no matter what (even if I do crash rather spectacularly), still gives me one of these Excuse the old cliche', but it really does climb like a billy goat, rail sweet corners, and descend with confidence I've had no problems with mine, and I've had it for about 18 months now. I do get it serviced regularly (about every 3 months), like all bikes should, and it's still running like when I first got it. As long as he's looked after it and it's in solid knick, IMHO I think $1250 seems reasonable. The only real issue you'll have with this bike is the time in-between rides when the best you can do is look at it The guy at my LBS has the exact same model as mine, and he can't stop boasting about his (considering he can get any specialized bikes much cheaper than us). The only thing he's changed on his are the wheels (a preference thing). Hope this helps!