mtbr member
    Mar 2008

help with 07 enduro

Well to start out i am having a problem with my shock that came with my enduro (dhx air 3.0). I am going to replace it, and would like to replace it with a coil shock. Fox and specialized both told me that it is not possible. Then I talked with a dude that did it. So really i have a couple questions.
    1. What has to be done to get a dhx coil shock into an enduro??
    2. Why is it that i am having a real hard time finding shocks that are 8.5" x 2.25"?
    3. Is it possible to put in a shock with different measurements like off by 1/4", will this cause a problem?
    4. Is it correct that fox told me if i have 300psi in my shock and i weigh 185 and my shock is real plush that it is probably bad??

Anyone with any help, thanks
    Dustin

mtbr member
    There's been a few threads regarding putting a coil shock on. Check out the thread 'Beefing up an Enduro Elite" in this forum. If you go to Fox's website or any other manufacturer, they'll list the aftermarket sizes. OEM sizes differ from aftermarket. OEM is the stuff that came stock on your bike (like your DHX 3.0) and aftermarket is the stuff you can buy separately. I haven't written any bike company in regards to ordering OEM stuff individually so if someone has maybe they'll chime in. And if you have 300 psi and it's still pretty soft, that's a problem. And it all depends on the measurement. Shocks are measured in eye to eye (the total length of the shock) and the stroke (the part that acts as the suspension). Make sure you don't stray too far from the stock size. From what I've read, there's only one or two sizes that will fit on your enduro that won't cause problems.