mtbr member
    May 2005

headlight for oversized handlebar problem?

I have a stumpy and am having problems mounting head lights on my oversize handlebar. I have tried cygo and performance lights, it would work if you mount it on the size but I wanted it to be on the center. I have checked most lights and the mounting option that they use is more or less for regular sized handlebars. any solution for this ? i kinda want to keep my oversize handlebar ( so no i wont replace my bar for a light =) )

mtbr member
    I have the same problem with my 05 Stumpy. I was looking at making an adpter. It's on my long list of uncompleted projects...

Quote Originally Posted by new2mtb
    I have a stumpy and am having problems mounting head lights on my oversize handlebar. I have tried cygo and performance lights, it would work if you mount it on the size but I wanted it to be on the center. I have checked most lights and the mounting option that they use is more or less for regular sized handlebars. any solution for this ? i kinda want to keep my oversize handlebar ( so no i wont replace my bar for a light =) )

mtbr member
    Hi,
    I use NiteRider lights and for OS handlebar I simply remove the rubber on bar mount (supplyed with NR products). Lupine will also provide bar mount for their lights in OS version.

just like a speeder-bike
    Quote Originally Posted by new2mtb
    Check out the Cateye HL-EL400:
    http://www.cateye.com/en/products/vi...d=7&subCatId=2

That's what I use on my stumpy. The best part is definitely the little mounting strap thing; if you have another bike with regular bars, it'll work on both! And no need to buy a second mount; essentially there is no mount (nothing to leave on the bike).

It's a great little light; weighs nothing, batteries have yet to burn out... But it's not bright enough for serious trail riding at night. (I actually have two; even with both mounted, it'd be a bit of a strech on a rough trail). But it's great for road/other night riding.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Yah, nightrider is a good light but too expensive for me atm. I can't justify 250$ and up lights at the moment. But i did see a couple, and the quality is pretty good.

Cateye unfortunately doesnt have any high watt' lights at the moment. I don't think the LED's is bring enough for me, or to where I go to at night.