mtbr member
    Sep 2007

hardrock wheelset

I was just wondering how durable the hardrock wheelset is? I know that the p bike has hardrock rims, so I am assuming that the hardrock wheelset would be great for xc with a little bit of urban. For $100 you cannot beat the price.

mtbr member
    By mentioning P2 and urban riding do you mean urban freeriding? What weight are you?

My 06 Hardrock Comp came with Sun Ringle Ditch Wich rims. The Ditch Witch are essentially a low cost alternative to the Rhyno Lite XL, so the design leans towards durability rather than light weight. Use-wise, they run the gambit from street and dirt jumping to heavy enduro or Clydesdale use. I'm 160lbs, only ride light aggressive XC and they're holding up in the 3 months I've had the bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Urban Freeriding and I am 220.

mtbr member
    Are you going to put it on the Boulder SE you're currently riding or another frame? That Boulder and whatever fork you're using will probably not hold up because they're not built for urban freeriding.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I know that they're mediocure coponents, but I am planning on trashing them and going surly instigator. If giant will give me another frame, I will take
    it. My goal is a burly single speed machine. The giant has held up pretty well to the year of abuse that I gave it.