mtbr member

hardrock upgrade

is it worth upgrading the fork?
    bike fits and rides well just gets a little ugly in the tough stuff
    thanks

mtbr member
    The short story is if you like the bike, sure upgrade it. I would suggest you post more info for better information. What year is your bike, condition, etc... What fork are you looking at?

mtbr member
    it's an 07 stock
    thinking about a fox fork vanilla don't really have any issues with anything else
    added mallets
    ride the expert trails with out to much trouble but when following my bros with pimp bikes it's a challenge to keep up
    thanks

mtbr member
    So Fox can be expensive - maybe more than the bike is worth, but if you like the bike go for it. If your having troubles on the expert trails I would suggest looking at rotational mass, i.e. crank & wheels. Keep in mind the upgrade path can be vicious, by the time your happy with the bike there may be only two or three orginal parts...

If you have the cash I think you would be best served by enjoying it for a season or two and then selling it. Get a bike that has a better level of parts. To put it in perspective when I look at my bike I think I should have listened to my own advice, but I am happy with it.