mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Hardrock Sport - Owners Manual?

Just purchased a Hardrock Sport today, and althought it didn't occur to me until I got back home (of course!) I didn't receive any documents with it. Nothing about product registration, an owners manual, etc. The LBS was pretty packed and I was working with a few different people, so perhaps it just fell through the cracks.

Is there an owners manual or any supplemental material that I should have received?

I checked Specialized's website and they have some manuals online, but not for a Hardrock Sport. I'm half assuming that this indicates one may not exist....But with me being relatively new to mountain biking, I'd love to have a manual for the sake of studying up on my bike.

Let me know if I should bug the LBS for an owners manual on my bike!

Certified Silly Bugger!
    I have the same bike and when i bought it i got an owners manual and a few bits of documentation. Not much but enough to know you've blown a bit of cash.

I reckon you should definetly hassle the bike shop for your warranty and product registration. Owners manual should come with it but it could be something to hassle Specialized for if the LBS is giving you grief.

Enjoy the bike, I love mine and i work the hell out of it... One thing you might want to consider is a move to disc brakes, made an enourmous improvement to mine.
    Mmmm..... Gatorale.....

[SIZE="3"]
    I like Pepper!
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Oops, forgot to edit / follow up with the outcome.

Thankfully I only work about 10 minutes from the LBS (and live about 20 from it). So I went during my lunch break and caught the owner, and he was actually really surprised it wasn't given to me.

I was dealing with a few seperate people so it probably just got lost in the shuffle. Either way, no harm no foul in my mind. They were nice enough about giving me the manual, so life is good.

Now if the weather in So. Cal. will just decide to not be rainy, I'll be enjoying the bike Fri/Saturday!

Certified Silly Bugger!
    Awesome!

You'll enjoy it, I have a ball on mine.

By the way make sure you grab a photo or document the serial number of the bike in case it gets lost/stolen. It's the only way you can lay claim to it.
    Mmmm..... Gatorale.....

[SIZE="3"]
    I like Pepper!
    [/SIZE]