mtbr member
    Apr 2006

New question here. Hardrock Questions - pls humor the noob!

Hi - first post, so be nice.

I'm looking at getting a new Hardrock. I had one until recently - a Sport Pro - but it got stolen

I'm looking at a one of the following brand new bikes

Hardrock Pro 06 - around $800
    Hardrock Pro 2005 - around $550
    Hardrock Sport Disc 06 - around $550

I would ideally like the Pro 06, but is is that much better than the 2005 model? I hear it has hydraulic brakes but is that worth the extra cash?

Another question... is there a comparison table out there which shows the weight of all the basic kitted bikes? This way I could see whether the extra $250 buys me a much lighter bike

Thanks for any help

G

Humpmaster general
    The prices you quoted are too high. If that is the price your were given, you should shop around

Hardrock Pro 06 - around $800 Msrp is $710, $650 is a reasonable price
    Hardrock Pro 2005 - around $550 don't know
    Hardrock Sport Disc 06 around $550- MSRP is $500, $450 is a reasonable price

Never mind the price thing, I just figured out your not quoting American Dollars

To me the difference between the two bikes do not justify the price difference, I would go with the 2005 pro. I am a fan of mechanical disc brakes
    Last edited by Jack Hass; 04-11-2006 at 05:29 PM.
    your moma's so ugly, one time she looked out of the window and got arrested for mooning

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Cheers dude

I'm based in the UK, so I was trying to give an approx USD cost. Everything costs too much over here!

I guess that if the 2005 is not that much heavier than the 2006, it's the one i'll go for

Thanks

Certified Silly Bugger!
    You could do what i did and buy the cheapest model frame, (hardrock sport) and then put mavic 223 wheels, Avid BB7's and a Fox 100mm airsprung fork on, Its an awesome bus now!
    Mmmm..... Gatorale.....

[SIZE="3"]
    I like Pepper!
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    The hydraulic brakes on the 2006 UK version are Hayes Sole which only operate using a single piston. Not really any more powerful than the mechanicals that came with the 2005.

The only other real difference is the shift from Shimano Deore on the 05 to SRAM x7 on the 2006.

Personally, I think the 2005 sounds like a good deal and I was a bigger fan of the matte black paint job on the 05 too!