Thread: Hardrock ?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Hardrock ?

Getting some upgrade on my 2012 specialized hardrock sport disc looking forward buying a Rockshox domain or sektor or recon(reba).What do you think what will work on my frame?
    I have seen a 2010 specialized hardrock comp with a Marzocchi fork ( with bigger travel).
    Hardrock ?-280115_2015670028687_866055_o.jpg
    what marzocchi model is that and what travel?
    My friend has a GT avalanche 3.0 (2011) and he'll get a domain (now he has a tora 302).
    So what do you guys think what will fit my frame best?

Trail Rider
    Jun 2009
    Your frame is designed around 80mm of travel, Spec will warrant it with no more or less than 10% difference in travel.

More travel puts more stress on the frame than it was designed for... and its all on you if the frame cracks while you run it with more travel. That being said, the Hardrock has a fairly strong frame that seems to hold up. Lots of people run them with longer travel, but its a risk. Really anything over 100mm of travel will likely have adverse affects on how the bike handles.

Pale Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by dflash View Post
    Getting some upgrade on my 2012 specialized hardrock sport disc looking forward buying a Rockshox domain or sektor or recon(reba).What do you think what will work on my frame?
    I have seen a 2010 specialized hardrock comp with a Marzocchi fork ( with bigger travel).

what marzocchi model is that and what travel?
    My friend has a GT avalanche 3.0 (2011) and he'll get a domain (now he has a tora 302).
    So what do you guys think what will fit my frame best?
    Your best bet is to contact the person who posted the picture. They should be able to tell you what model it is and the tavel length. Most likely pre '07 from the looks. You can check Marzocchi's web site and search by year if you really want to know.

The forks you decide to put on is a personal choice that's just my opinion. Just be careful in whatever you decide to do.
    With my goldfish shorts swimming around my toes.

mtbr member
    I wouldnt go over 20mm of additional travel on any bike
    2013 Specialized P 26 AM green/purple. Nuff said

Giant Faith