mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Hardrock 2012- Possible upgrades

Hi guys,
    As all of you know with christmas coming up a couple of albeit unnecessary upgrades are warranted. Currently I have a hardrock sport disc 26" 2012 in the grey colour scheme (Unfortunately I cant post links or images due to post count so if someone could it would be much appreciated)

Its all stock apart from a front rim and basically Im looking for some advice on possible upgrades Im open to upgrading anything but the fork due to warranty issues. I was think maybe of adding some wider red bars and red pedals and was just looking for some opinions or ideas it doesnt matter if your speaking from experience with your own hardrock and what looks good/ needs upgrading, or if you just have an idea.
    All help is appreciated !
    Thanks a;ot

Trail Rider
    Jun 2009
    You can still upgrade for the fork without losing your warranty, you simply have to get another 80mm fork, of which there are plenty.

A good set of lightweight wheels and the fork are the best upgrades you can make, IMO.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I sent you a pm in regards to a fork upgrade.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I also have a 2012 hardrock and for me personally, the fork, brake and shift levers, and in time, the drivetrain will be upgraded. For now though, it's whatever brakes gets a better replacement. Although I might just stomp on those levers a few times so they have to be replaced haha

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Not sure if the spec differs from each Country (I'm in the UK) but my son has a Hardrock Disc 2012.

The stock bars were 640mm of heavy steel pipe!! I had a set of 685mm Easton EA30's knocking around in the parts bin so they went on.

Big improvement and MUCH lighter.