moaaar shimz

Hard Rock Geometry

Hey I have a question, the Hard Rock Pro 2006 geometry allows up to what fork travel?

I'm doing some extreme AM with some "big drops (3-4ft)" so I want the biggest travel without deforming/braking my headtube.

Thanks

mtbr member
    110mm maybe 120, depends on weight, but i have been doing drops on an RST fork with 100mm and i was fine.

moaaar shimz
    I'm 63 kilos. (about 134 pounds)

moaaar shimz
    Please.... someone?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

No good Not with that bike...

Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya
    Hey I have a question, the Hard Rock Pro 2006 geometry allows up to what fork travel?

I'm doing some extreme AM with some "big drops (3-4ft)" so I want the biggest travel without deforming/braking my headtube.

Thanks
    What is "extreme AM?"

If you're looking to go big, the Hardrock is the wrong bike. The Hardrock line is made more for mild XC:
    Riders seeking aggressive styling and 'core capabilities in a bike that's always fun to take to the trails will love life on a Hardrock. Even when riding for more utilitarian transportation around or across town, this trail-riding crowd usually find themselves more into the pursuit of enjoyment than the pursuit of competitors. From local trails and fire roads to roads and bike lanes around town, having a bike that can easily switch between these kinds environments makes every ride more enjoyable. The Specialized Hardrock family meets the needs of these riders with models that deliver all the required utility, without cutting back on any of the fun.
    The Rockhopper All-Mountian comes with a 130mm and along with the other Rockhoppers, is made burelier and can handle more abuse.

Go easy with that Hardrock or you'll end up breaking it and don't put any longer fork on it than 100-120mm.

punga!

moaaar shimz
    Extreme AM is what it sounds like, its like AM but with a bit more of downhill touch and a bit of dirtjump touch, some sault and pepper, presto.