Thread: hanger banger

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

hanger banger

I have an 06 enduro, with an x9 rear mech, now with the hanger banger (stock with s-works frame) on it restricts the mech and won't let it shift down into 9th, almost like a limit screw would but from the top and outside, so not really like a limit screw at all , but you know.
    anyone had this prob? can it be resolved or do i have to sacrifice the banger or 9th gear

Boomslang
    Quote Originally Posted by lemmiwinks
    I have an 06 enduro, with an x9 rear mech, now with the hanger banger (stock with s-works frame) on it restricts the mech and won't let it shift down into 9th, almost like a limit screw would but from the top and outside, so not really like a limit screw at all , but you know.
    anyone had this prob? can it be resolved or do i have to sacrifice the banger or 9th gear

All you need to do is loosen the bolt that holds the derailleur guard (hanger banger) and slide it outboard about 4-5 mm. Be sure the pin is still pushed all the way into the derailleur mounting bolt. If for some reason that doesn't work, you can get a longer pin from Specialized Customer Service.

Jake Wake

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    thanks for the suggestion but it seems that the peice of metal on the mech with the low limit screw comes back so far that it covers the hole, well partially in which the pin goes, the hanger bolt that is, but to adjust the limit screw seems to put it half way between 8th and 9th so no good there are they commonly compatible with the x9 mech

btw you guys at spech rock your c.s. is soo good my friend has an s.x.t. on which the shock mount was welded off centre and he was sent a new front tri the next day (we live in the U.K. hense the suprise)
    plus got an awsome deal on my frame so couldn't be happier
    Keep up the good work!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    oooh btw will running a 160mm fork on a s-works enduro (med) void the warranty

Boomslang
    Quote Originally Posted by lemmiwinks
    thanks for the suggestion but it seems that the peice of metal on the mech with the low limit screw comes back so far that it covers the hole, well partially in which the pin goes, the hanger bolt that is, but to adjust the limit screw seems to put it half way between 8th and 9th so no good there are they commonly compatible with the x9 mech

btw you guys at spech rock your c.s. is soo good my friend has an s.x.t. on which the shock mount was welded off centre and he was sent a new front tri the next day (we live in the U.K. hense the suprise)
    plus got an awsome deal on my frame so couldn't be happier
    Keep up the good work!!
    I am sorry that I am having a hard time understanding what you are describing. Can you post a couple of pics? I am sure we can get to the bottom of it.

Jake Wake

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    i have tried to but not sure how
    from a didgi cam where do you go, i have had a few to drink so off to bed but will see tomo