Tire Geek O_o

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Gwinns Demo 8 + Fox40s ...

So as a Demo8 Fan (2011 onwards) and as preferably avoid the Boxxer fork rider

I Am extremely curious to know if there have been any significant changes in either the 2013 Demo8s Head Tube, in order to aliviate and avoid the problem of the lowercrown on the Fox40 hitting and denting the frame.

Or has fox made any change on the lower crown to the new Fox40s so they do not hit the frame!?

Gwinn is running his demo with the Fox40 since he signed with specialized. Of course being Gwinn I would not even care nor worry if my fork dents/breaks my very expensive frame, right?

But for us terrestrial beings ... I find ti a very important question and matter to look upon at. I would not like my beautiful expensive frame to get dented by my fork as is the case with previous models 2011, 2012 of both bike and fork.

So guys please enlight me on this subject.
    http://32spokesmtb.com - Promoting MTB & cycling from Mexico to the World!

Tire Geek O_o
    I know some people have been using a Cane Creek external lower cup to avoid these ridiculous problem. Could any one point me to which is the correct cup model (so I might order one). I also heard some people have been using an Across external cup to the same extent, which is it and what are your experiences?

oh and by the way one more question bit out topic from the original here. Has anyone had any problems with the paint of their demos 2011-2012. Got the 2012 red frame and the paint is really .... to put it mildly the worse Ive ever experienced in a bike, it falls off the frame in chunks like if it was cooking powder... Nope not from hits or big scratches, but anything will leave the raw frame exposed ...
    http://32spokesmtb.com - Promoting MTB & cycling from Mexico to the World!