Thread: Got a P.2 frame

This is bat country.

Smile Got a P.2 frame

I just bought a '04 P.2 frame in good condish. Got it for a little under $200 - not bad. I'm going to build it into a badass lil freerider I think. I need to start flying off stuff. I've got the Stumpy built to where I want it. Now I've got something I can abuse. I'd like to throw a 36, 66, or 888 on it. That's the main decision as of now. It won't be ready for awhile, but once it's built I'm sure I'll have a helluva time on it.

Anyone running a dual crown monster on their P?

Cheers,

Ben Johnson
    If the rig made the rider, I'd be pro...

mtbr member
    The big dual crowns on this bike are popular. It really depends what you want to do with it. If you want to still be able to trail ride it and hit some bigger stuff, I would definitely go with the 36 or a Pike, if you haven't thought about that already. The 66 or 888 or something along those lines will rake it out quite a bit, so trail riding would be a lot of work, but not impossible. I had a P.2 and now have a P.3 and run a Pike. I have three other bikes, so this bike is really only ridden for 4x / dual slalom, dirt jumping, park riding, trail riding, etc. I use my DH bike and FR bike for the rougher stuff.

I own both the 36 and the Pike. I've got the 36 on my FR bike. Between the two, if you don't need the 1" extra travel of the 36, for the money, IMO, the Pike is more worth it.