Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3

    is this a good deal for a 2005 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR 120 Pro

    asking $700

    2005 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR 120 Pro, 17"


    Frame with less than 50 Miles on the bike. I'm selling this and my wife's mountian bike to purchase a new road bike. The bike has spent most of it's time safely tucked away in our basement and the riding use has been 90% road with very casual trail riding for the other 10%. The bike has not been abused at all. It was also tuned up earlier this year. Description: FRAME FSR technology, M4 Manipulated Alloy frame with Transform monocoque TT, sealed cartridge bearings, disc compatible, 120mm travel, replaceable derailleur hanger, two sets of water bottle bosses REAR SHOCK Fox Float Septune. Custom on-the-fly seven position adjustable ProPedal pedal assisting damping. External rebound adjust. 7.5x1.75 120mm travel FORK Manitou Minute 1, 100-130mm travel RTWD, SPV Evolve position-sensitive damping, external SPV volume, SPV pressure and external rebound adjust, alloy steerer HEADSET 1 1/8 Threadless, 3x sealed, black alloy cups, cartridge bearings, ultralight carbon top cap with alloy bolt STEM 3D forged CNC machined, 4-bolt, 31.8mm OS clamp, 8 degree rise HANDLEBARS Specialized XC Low Rise 31.8mm OS bar, 2014 butted alloy, 6 degree upsweep, 8 degree backsweep, 640mm width GRIPS Specialized MTB grip, black, double density Kraton FRONT BRAKE Shimano M-765 XT hyd disc, metallic pads, 6 XT Rotor REAR BRAKE Shimano M-765 XT hyd disc, metallic pads, 6 XT Rotor BRAKE LEVERS Shimano M-765 XT hydraulic disc with integrated shifters FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano M-760 XT, 34.9mm clamp, bottom pull REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano M-952 XTR, long cage, standard spring SHIFT LEVERS Shimano M-760 XT, STI integrated shifter/lever combo CASSETTE Shimano M-760 XT, 9-speed, 11x34t CHAIN Shimano HG-73 CRANKSET Shimano M-760 XT Hollow Tech II, 2-piece crank/BB CHAINRINGS Shimano 44Ax32Ax22A, 4mm thick outer, 4-bolt 104/64mm, alloy chainring bolts BOTTOM BRACKET Shimano M-760 XT, Integrated with crank PEDALS Shimano 520 SPD RIMS Mavic XC717 disc, 26, black, welded seam, eyelets FRONT HUB Specialized Stout disc, 32 hole, sealed cartridge bearings REAR HUB Shimano M-756 XT, 32 hole, alloy Q/R SPOKES DT Swiss Super Comp 2.0/1.7/1.8mm butted SS, black, alloy nipples FRONT TIRE Specialized Adrenaline Pro 2.0, aramid bead, dual compound, 120 tpi REAR TIRE Specialized Adrenaline Pro 2.0, aramid bead, dual compound, 120 tpi SADDLE Specialized BG technology, microfiber cover, dual density base, Titanium rails SEAT POST Thomson, 7000 Series Aluminum, 2-bolt adjust, set back head, 30.9mm x 367/410mm SEAT BINDER Alloy collar with Q/R, 34.9mm clamp I.D.

  2. #2
    mmm
    Reputation: timehoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    953
    short answer: yes

    long answer: i'd be wary of such a slow asking price.
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Select Start

  3. #3
    Hic-A-Doo-La!
    Reputation: Cobretti's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    963
    Yeah it sounds too good to be true, considering new it goes for the upper $3,000 range.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pspycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    235
    You're selling it - right?

    Throw it on ebay - you should get at least $1,000.
    2015 Specialized FATBOY Easton Carbon Seatpost SRAM X7 Triggers
    2014 Specialized CRUX PRO SRAM 2x10 Force, CG-R Post

  5. #5
    backwoods and backwards
    Reputation: MOJO K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,244
    Selling a mtbike to get a road bike, a good deal...really?
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!

  6. #6
    Big Gulps, Alright!
    Reputation: Berkley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,223
    Who would buy a stumpy and then ride it less than 50 [primarily road] miles in 3 years? If you're buying this, I'd be careful - I picked up an '05 frame and fork for $900 and that was a good deal.

    If you're selling this then I'd ask way more than $700. I think I'd ask at least $1200, considering its lack of real use...

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    100
    daact,

    $700.00 would be about the selling price for just the frame alone!

    If your buying, take a closer look. If your selling, $1k would still be on the low side considering it has very low mileage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •