mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Going topless...

I mean tubeless! Taken ol girl topless tonight. Going topless...-tubes.jpgEverything good so far. My only question is, what do I do if they are flat in the morning? Add more sealant? If so how? Pull the tires off again and start over?? Also, instructions says the sealant stays in a liquid form for months. What do I do once it drys? Add more sealant?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Not uncommon for tubeless set ups to loose air overtime especially after the initial set up, the best thing you can do to seal all the nooks and crannies is to re-inflate to proper pressure and ride them. After your first ride on them you should see MUCH less pressure drop, but I check my tire pressure before everyride, even on a quick lap around the neighborhood. You shouldnt have to add more sealant if you just set them up, but you will want to add some sealant every couple of months. If you have removable valve cores on your valves, it is easy to add the sealant, just deflate, remove the cores, KEEP THE TIRES SEATED ON THE RIMS, and add sealant through the valve stem. Put it all back together and air it up again. Stand sells little syringle thingies that you can use to add sealant through the valve stems on....

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I agree with the above poster after a ride you will see much less pressure drop. I am also new to it and did four wheels or two bikes in the past month. I road them both an hour or so after doing them and after they sit during the week waiting for the weekend I might lose a pound or two

mtbr member
    You lose 46.3 points for making me read this post through trickery.

Wahoo!
    Sep 2004
    2X for losing points. :P

I don't think anyone mentioned shaking the wheels once the sealent is in place. Anytime I add sealent, I shake the tires, rotate, and shake the tires until I have went around the entire wheel. Doing that will seal up an potential hole that hadn't been sealed yet.

So far, it's worked for me.
    I will not tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death.