Go SOLAR...

Going single up front on Stumpy FSR

How many of you have gone single ring...like the "widget" and installed a bigger casette in rear?
    It sure seems to make sense and from what Ive read you dont really lose any climbing ability with the wide spread of the rear cassette.

Give me you thoughts for those that have done it.
    Go Solar...

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    DO IT! I bought a 2011 Stumpy and immediately changed it. I LOVE it. I chose a race face 36 tooth front ring with a chain guide. I kept the rear stock. Its perfect. No more annoying chain noise while it smacks the **** out of the frame.

Added bonus: just a grip and brake lever look sexy on the left side of the handlebar.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I think with 2pc crankset you would need a new one with shorter spindle? Unless you want to to use reeally thick spacers to get the bumerang out of the frame..

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I've converted my enduro fsr to a single ring at the front. But i am using the large ring (44 tooth) xtr. I also made a custom carbon fibre chain guide and used a dremel drill to cut off the bosses, then sanded and polished.

I never use the front derailleur and they always clog up with mud and grit and freeze up on me all the time. Plus you save a lot of weight too.

GO FOR IT MAN!!!

Go SOLAR...
    What all do I need to order to get this done? Is it a simple conversion?
    Go Solar...